Park Hunt with Orig. Lobo

Jrod1101

Greenie
Dec 16, 2011
Goodyear, Arizona
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, CTX 3030, Tesoro Lobo (Orig. 20 kHz)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up this morning and bumped into my Orig. Tesoro Lobo (20 kHz). I had nothing to do this morning so I went out to the local city park and did some detecting in the tot lot with the Lobo. Didn't find anything exciting but had fun with this Classic!!!!! I quickly remembered how great the discrimination is on this detector, one of the best that I have used. No ID #'s but it didn't matter. Set the discrimination on 4 and proceeded to hunt. Beep and dig! Spent a couple of hours just messing around and realized what a great detector the Original Lobo is and how cool it was to be using a 15 year old detector that worked just as good as when it was new. Thank You Tesoro for a great morning and a product you should be very proud of manufacturing!!!!!

Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 155

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up this morning and bumped into my Orig. Tesoro Lobo (20 kHz). I had nothing to do this morning so I went out to the local city park and did some detecting in the tot lot with the Lobo. Didn't find anything exciting but had fun with this Classic!!!!! I quickly remembered how great the discrimination is on this detector, one of the best that I have used. No ID #'s but it didn't matter. Set the discrimination on 4 and proceeded to hunt. Beep and dig! Spent a couple of hours just messing around and realized what a great detector the Original Lobo is and how cool it was to be using a 15 year old detector that worked just as good as when it was new. Thank You Tesoro for a great morning and a product you should be very proud of manufacturing!!!!!

Jimmy
Tesoro is still great.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet hunt! :occasion14:

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did quite well with your Lobo & congrats. Thanks for sharing your pictures with all of us.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds ... I have just acquired a vintage lobo and was curious as to which settings you detected in? also, I occasionally detect up in the middle part of Georgia when I am not on the beaches here in the Tampa area

OP
OP
J

Jrod1101

Greenie
Dec 16, 2011
Goodyear, Arizona
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000, CTX 3030, Tesoro Lobo (Orig. 20 kHz)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds ... I have just acquired a vintage lobo and was curious as to which settings you detected in? also, I occasionally detect up in the middle part of Georgia when I am not on the beaches here in the Tampa area

Angelito1 Hi there, I start off by ground balancing in All Metal. If detecting parks for Jewelry, Coins and high conductors, I put it in Discriminate mode center position. While in Discriminate mode I place the detector discrimination level at 3 or sometimes 4 at the highest level. I run the detector with a slightly audible threshold and when I get a repeatable target I then reach over and hold the switch in the Retune position so it will check discrimination. You must hold the switch up with your finger as it will go back to center on it's own if you release it going back into all metal mode. If there is a beep, I dig and if there is nothing I release the Retune toggle back to the center and continue to look for the next target and repeat. If I am hunting for nuggets in shallow or exposed bedrock, I leave it in All Metal mode and dig all signals. Remember the discrimination level is different on the Orig. Lobo as compared to the Lobo ST. The original Lobo at the lowest setting most iron will be rejected, but some will still be found. I believe in the Lobo ST there is no discrimination on the lowest level.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrod1101..appreciate your informative input...have detected creeks near Blairsville Ga but nary a sign of any type of silver much less gold...different ground there than the sand in Florida, I will definitely follow your instructions on my next outing with the lobo (I am not retired yet, unfortunately) and I will adjust settings as I go ( a little different turf than in your part of the country)... again many thanks !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread