pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, in a fit of temporary insanity, I bought an eBay Eldorado MicroMax, sans coil. Just wondering if anyone using the Epsilon (5 pin) coil machines has a favorite "small" coil they'd recommend. I do have to deal with both trash and mineralized soil. Really like the little 5.75 widescan on my Vaquero, but not sure what's good in the Epsilon range...
Thoughts? - thanks!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a fan of both the 5.75 and 7" concentrics on that detector. One of Tesoro's best in my opinion.
luvsdux

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, luvdux.
I think I'll get a 5.75 concentric for it, since they don't offer a 5.75 widescan in the 5 pin. BTW, how does that coil work in your Idaho soil? Much mineralization to deal with there?
Where I've been searching, I go from rocky, to red iron-clay to thick layers of pine needles and composted leaves. Seems to be plenty of hot rocks around, too. Really need to work the GB on my machines; conditions change every few feet.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, luvdux.
I think I'll get a 5.75 concentric for it, since they don't offer a 5.75 widescan in the 5 pin. BTW, how does that coil work in your Idaho soil? Much mineralization to deal with there?
Where I've been searching, I go from rocky, to red iron-clay to thick layers of pine needles and composted leaves. Seems to be plenty of hot rocks around, too. Really need to work the GB on my machines; conditions change every few feet.

The dirty dirt in Arkansas where I'm at is horrible. When I put on the 11x8RSD on the Silver uMax, it gained several inches.

On the Vaquero, the 5.75 DD is just a hair short of equaling the stock 9x8 concentric.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt a lot in a farming area with mild soil so that's not usually a problem. Haven't had any difficulty with ground balance in the mountains near here either, but often use a 7"DD where it's mineralized.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread