Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentleman please end the arguing and implied insults.... With that said I would never allow someone else to send in a warranty card for me, I would send it my self signature required, if something happens I have proof...
Same here if they ask me if i want them to send in my warranty card . I always say no thanks. For i like to do things like that myself......... Then i know it is done and done right...

OP
OP
GeoW

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Dubious? Perhaps you know me or my dealer?

The $50 was paid, the detector returned. I'm fine with that... What is your problem with me?

I apologize to the site for stirring this gentleman up.

g

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question for GeoW: Did Tesoro service mention what the problem was with your Cutlass? Just curious.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy fisher and Garret, dont have that problem.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I buy fisher and Garret, dont have that problem.

Well, maybe not "that" problem. :laughing7:

You left the door wide open on that one Casca! :occasion14:

OP
OP
GeoW

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Question for GeoW: Did Tesoro service mention what the problem was with your Cutlass? Just curious.

It had been repaired three years ago and not used since. It was dead when I tried it a couple weeks ago. As best as I can tell, the ticket says Replace 2907 X5 TR

g

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Terry, I have never had a issue with my purchases or equipment lol. Geow I go into melt down phase when my stuff doesnt work right. Im glad you got it back and working. Good choice on a American made machine as the market is quickly filling with other than stuff. Even my precious(non tesero) was probably assembled in Mexico. I got a lot of respect for a good piece of American made steel. So when is Tesero coming out with that new machine looool. I make fun but love the simplicity of the Tesero, just have not had the opportunity to own one yet. I do call into question warranty's though, they are only good as the maker. I believe your the first that had a issue Geow.

OP
OP
GeoW

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
Thanks Casca. Tesoro is not my first choice of detector. That honor goes to a first cousin of Fisher :).. I however am no stranger to Tesoro and was once a C&G Technology Dealer as well as a Tesoro dealer and own the #6 Tesoro to come off the line.

When I get tired of digging really deep targets with my Shadow X5, I switch over to my trusty Tesoro to scan for surface targets and for a rest from digging really deep targets. Works great but only a fraction of the depth in my sandy soil.

When I really want to do some serious recovery, I break out one of my trusty Nautilus machines but there again, I have to break out the long handled shovel and pace myself as I'm not a spring chicken ;)

HH,
GeoW

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry who is bashing, I thought it was a conversation. I would love to see those machines in action. Like most folks I have a budget and have to live within my means. Always had respect for your opinion Terry. I just like Metal Detectors and cant get enough of them. Im out Terry, many apologies for stopping in.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I asked politely to end the arguing.....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on now, there is a huge difference between "arguing" and the discussion we were having. If you and Treasurenet want to hold me to a higher standard however, I'll suck it up and thank you. Why? Because I LOVE this forum. God Bless you Treasure_Hunter, you are my main man! :occasion14:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have registered my Warranty on their website, but no notification from Tesoro that this was received, but hope my purchase/SN is registered in their database, that's all, Ill take their word for it unless maybe I should call in or email them directly if they in fact have my Vaquero registered.

Anyone else has done this, as I did not receive a warranty card in my original box from the dealer where Tesoro did state that there should have been one. My receipt and my S/N was good enough I imagine.

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

Regards.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a coincidence, I have a Tesoro I bought from someone, so I am not the original owner. I went to their site this morning and read that I would be charged $50. I have had no problem paying the $50 to have it inspected and tuned up, part of $50 is used by them for return shipping. JMHO

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For previous owners the $50.00 that likely covers shipping and repairs I imagine is what I have been reading, I believe this link when you provide your SN on the device and original dealer you purchased it from registers your Lifetime Warranty on a new machine, I think it is only for new purchasers though so hope that this did not come across as a misunderstanding. For new owners I believe there maybe shipping you have to pay to get it there but maybe Tosoro ships it back on their cost.

Best Regards.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have registered my Warranty on their website, but no notification from Tesoro that this was received, but hope my purchase/SN is registered in their database, that's all, Ill take their word for it unless maybe I should call in or email them directly if they in fact have my Vaquero registered.

Anyone else has done this, as I did not receive a warranty card in my original box from the dealer where Tesoro did state that there should have been one. My receipt and my S/N was good enough I imagine.

Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company web site with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water.

Regards.

I'm not sure that you can register it online. When I got my 5.75 compadre 5 months ago I asked about registering online and they said you can't.
Not sure if that's changed, but I still don't see it on their site.
I was told by Tesoro to send in the card.
I did and called a week later to ensure it had arrived. It did.
I also made a copy for my records.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure that you can register it online. When I got my 5.75 compadre 5 months ago I asked about registering online and they said you can't.
Not sure if that's changed, but I still don't see it on their site.
I was told by Tesoro to send in the card.
I did and called a week later to ensure it had arrived. It did.
I also made a copy for my records.

I'm not sure why it isn't obvious on their home page, but doggonit had the link.. ^_^

See: Tesoro Metal Detectors - Register Here!

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure why it isn't obvious on their home page, but doggonit had the link.. ^_^

See: Tesoro Metal Detectors - Register Here!

Oh wow I stand corrected. That must be new.
I still prefer sending in the hard copy and keeping a copy then conforming it was received. I also make a not on my copy when I called to confirm along with date and time and person I spoke with.
Just to be safe. Never had an issue but I like to cover my @$$

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh wow I stand corrected. That must be new.
I still prefer sending in the hard copy and keeping a copy then conforming it was received. I also make a not on my copy when I called to confirm along with date and time and person I spoke with.
Just to be safe. Never had an issue but I like to cover my @$$

I always send the cards in as well, but scan each one before sending. Can't hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread