tesoro-whites

findit

Jul 1, 2007
Has anybody compared these two.I know the mxt has tid and a couple other
extras, but has anybody compared depth .They both have same frequency
and about the same size coil, but would like to know how they compare
using them for coin, jewelry, and relic on dry land.And has anyone compared the tesoros vs whites in general or even tesoro vs minelab.If
say you had a tesoro and you wanted to get a second machine that was just as good or better and under $1000.00 which one? Another tesoro or
whites or minelab?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
findit,

started out with only Whites detectors, good
machines; Garrett, good machines. Get all the
info you can prior to a purchase.

Just picked up my first Tesoro, DeLeon. Have not had time
for real hunting with it but did some testing on the property.
I'm impressed ;D Coins easy at good depths :o ;
(not that you really need that depth for most coins).
very lightweight; was in my price range; something I've
come to realize is important, Lifetime Warranty;
dead on pinpoint; just seems like it will be a real fun
machine. And once we get to know each other, who
know what I will be able to do with it.

The more I looked at Tesoro, the more I felt it is a
real sleeper machine line.

If you have any questions on Tesoro, try Gene "Scully",
good folks, at Badger MD's; he helped me a lot and
has new and used machines. Let him know what your
hunting plans are and he will give you good info;
a dealer but still into the hobby.
[email protected]

Talk to folks on all the brands; lots of good machines
out there. I'm pushing the DeLeon now because I'm
excited about it. (Us old farts enjoy being excited, at
times ;); if the heart holds ;D

Just my two cents, I think the Tesoro brand is a sleeper,
and in the past, I just did not pay attention.

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

dugpenny

Apr 24, 2007
findit, I can't top SHERMANVILLE's post for it's excellent.

I have never compared my Tesoro Tejon to a MXT or any model Minelab. I really have no need for that because I hold to the old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it." My Tejon fills all my detecting needs (and wants) so why change?

Like SHERMANVILLE wrote, the Tesoros are great machines. They are really simple and powerful treasure getters. Even their TID models are simple and easy to learn with a little practice. I put many hours on a DeLeon and within a few months it rewarded me with more finds than I had found the previous 10 years with several other brands. And for the most part I was hunting the same sites.

Personally, I like simple and thorough! Multi-tones and programing turns me off. I want treasure, not an exercise in computer programing or an organ recital. I know some people do great with these but I want to concentrate on the place I'm hunting at the time and strategies I'll use there. If I have to rack my brain trying to remember all sorts of detector sounds/messages/readings my time is consumed with that.

Buy a Tesoro and enjoy treasure hunting.

Doug

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use many different detectors just because I can. The Tesoro line is top quality and so is the service if you ever need it. It is my back up detector most times it's not my first choice. I normally like to play in the water since that is lots of fun and the scenery is nice, but recently been playing with the Tejon too.

Attachments

• Tejon (WinCE).jpg
    Tejon (WinCE).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 432

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my Tejon for a couple of years now and it still amazes me. I have never had a detector so good at finding coins in supposedly hunted out sites. It is really sensitive to coins on edge. I have detected for over 20 years and as soon as I bought a detector, I was looking at what might be a little better. Since I have had the Tejon I haven't had the desire to look any further. It suits me well, I like the simplicity and performance.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with all the above. Tesoro's are no nonsense machines. They will find most everything easy and with less settings by the operator. Even the Silver (with disc and sense) will heap in the finds. My Deleon is everything I was looking for.

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
dugpenny good point I hate to rack my brain and always second guessing myself. is it
in the right program mode? is the id correct? is that sound the same this time? too much
to think about when you are already trying to concentrate on what your going over, and what you are hearing. Like you said out to have some fun and relax not to pass an exam.
Let me know guys does it sound like i would not be enjoying myself with the mxt?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
My friend has and XLT and he and I go out detecting quite a bit. I always find as much as he does and I don't have to work as hard at it. I will say I really like the XLT's pinpointing system once you get used to it. I also am in LOVE with the backlight, because I like to hunt in the evening and after dark.

The Deleon is a very good machine. It is lightweight, well balanced, good on batteries, pinpoints great and has a lifetime warranty. It has a much simpler VDI compared to most Whites. We get a kick out of my friend's XLT because he will get a target and I will ask what it is and he will say "well the VDI says penny/dime, no wait now its fifty cents, no pull tab" The VDI should only be used as a tool, once you learn what the Deleon is telling you it is a very easy machine. You simply turn it on set threshhold, set discrimination and away you go. I cannot say enough how much I love my Tesoro. I am saving for a DFX because I have no doubt Whites makes a good machine. The learning curve is a lot steeper for the extra features on the XLT and DFX. I am not putting Whites down here guys. As for Minelab my sister has an X-30 which I have used a lot. I am not crazy about the construction of the Minelab units. They are a little off balanced, but they work very well.

And I agree, Scully has helped me out several times. He really knows Tesoro and detectors in general.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread