Diablo Gold Demon ?????

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you notice the Diablo on ebay ? It's at $380 last I looked.I would have never guessed it would go that much.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it is not in great shape it looks like a 2 out of 10 ...10 being best ...And the seller said it appears to work fine . Sounds like the seller is not sure..

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny how some ebay sellers say their item is "in perfect shape"... Until you ask them to pack the item extremely well 'cause you want it to arrive in "the perfect shape", just as they described it. They then wiggle and squirm telling you if you wanted new, you should buy new, and it may have a few dings and scratches...blah, blah.. Good thing for buyers that ebay will refund your $ in full, if not as described. As a seller, I always try to describe everything accurately if I don't want a hassle, though some buyers are as dishonest as some sellers. I've actually had buyers removing good parts from my items then returning them broken...

Anyway, while the Diablo micromax isn't a common item, that one sure is going for plenty.

BTW - there have been a couple of the earlier Diablos (pre micromax) sold on ebay in the past few months. They're probably a capable detector; they are a Tesoro...

CaptEsteban, did you happen to buy one?

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hang in there, they are out there to be had. Hopefully they will be in better shape for less money.If I see one selling somewhere, I'll let you know.

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a Gold Demon II and used it for many years. It is a gold machine and very effective at finding small gold (2 gr at 2"). It has no discrimination. It operates at 20khz. which makes it obsolete as far as getting replacement coils. I had 3 coils, 3.5x7 in both Conc and DD and the stock 6x10 DD. I liked it for what it was, but I got a LST and never looked back. Sold it on Flea-bay for $220 with stock coil, a fair price. Best feature was in the pinpoint mode, repeated hitting of the reset toggle would reduce the target area size to spot on accuracy.

NoSoup4u2

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinenut....THANK YOU!! I am so tired of eBay Sellers doing exactly as you just commented on. You don't know how many times I've ran into the same dang thing....and as an avid eBay buyer, who buys at least 3 or 4 detectors a month (I resell them here in Canada) & I'm glad eBay backs their policies, b/c it is the sellers responsibility to describe the item THOROUGHLY & CORRECTLY! I've had sellers who will take pics of the detector at just about every angle, which you trust shows everything, but then you get it, and then realize they DELIBERATELY did not include a photo of a section of the coil that is cracked wide open, or whatever else. I then tell those people, "You're not a seller, your a manipulating scammer!" and I get my money back, and I make dang sure they pay FULL RETURN SHIPPING RATES TOO!
So I thank YOU for being an honest Seller! I wish there were more of you on eBay, b/c recently, it's only gotten worse!

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
tesoro diablo gold demon was my first gold detector.
bought it from arizona al. anyone remember him?
i was out at san domingo digging up 22 bullets one after the
other and got a noise much like the others.
i got down to dig it and said to myself, dig your lead nugget.
only this time it was a pennyweight gold nugget, that looked
very much like a pinto bean. i still have it.
as for the detector, i sold it and got a gold master vsat.
much better machine.
i would not give more than 100 for one as there is much better
out there.
i did find a lot of jewelry and coins with it in sand volleyball courts
around town, more than enough to pay for it over 2 months.
i think i paid 350 for it back then.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread