For Those That Have Both Witch Would You Keep Tejon Or VaqueroThanks in

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
For Those That Have Both Which would You Keep Tejon Or Vaquero

I hunt myself primarily old house sites with tons of old iron and modern trash (good depth is key here ground conditions mild to medium all the way to mineralized). Some relic hunting but not a lot. Also parks with modern trash.

Based on the above information about hunting if you could only have one Tesoro detector the Tejon or the Vaquero, which detector would you keep and why? I am really curious on this question ?? Those with exsperiance with both detectors and why ??

Thanks In Advance Everyone. :thumbsup:

Added..information.. The coils to be used for detectors listed the new RSD 11X8 and the 5.75 concentric for heavy trash areas.

Happy Hunting All,
Bill G

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the above conditions you listed I would have to say the Vaquero. I have both and use them bit for all around I would say the Vaq. The Tejon with the 5.75 concentric in old homesteads with its higher frequency seems to seperate better for me and is hotter on small brass and lead. Vaq seems to handle park scenarios better though in the modern trash.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have both and not getting rid of either. Tough call though; I think Vaquero makes a better all-around detector as it's lighter and uses a single 9v. Tejon obviously has more cool features (dual disc, adjustable tone) and it's more versatile. It also goes just a bit deeper, but I think is a bit fussier to ground balance.

Tough one, but I'd probably keep the Tejon. I can always pick up a Vaquero for a bit less than Tejons go for, and I have other Tesoros I like as much as the Vaquero anyway. ^_^

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, THAT is a hard call. :dontknow:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my earliest detectors was a C&G Bobcat which had two dics levels like the Tejon. That's why I like the Tejon.

AlanTN

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you made the right choice in getting the black twins, Bill G.

If I had to pick, I would go with keeping the Tejon. The Tejon still impresses me no matter how many hours I have on it -it's a beast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread