New Tesoro Tejon Air Tested Prepped And Ready To Go

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
I dialed in my new Black Tejon today now it's ready to go..:icon_thumright:

I always air test and adjust the disk knobs to drop a nickel right at the nickel mark. I have done this on every Tesoro I have ever owned. I wrapped the foam handgrip with cork road bike handle bar ribbon.(This stuff wears like iron, is comfy and easy to wipe down or clean with a damp cloth) I installed some wire loom protection material on the coil wire to protect it from brush or stickers. I installed a small foot I made held on with industrial Velcro (it rest nice and stable in the grass or on dirt).

I plan to do the same on my new Black Vaquero when it arrives.:thumbsup:

Then I am going to hunt like heck with them..:hello2:

Happy Hunting All,
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 89

AlanTN

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks fantastic. Good stuff man, ready to get into the deep woods with that. Awesome

Let me know how that 11x8 RSD does compared to the 9x8 concentric.

I don't know, now my old Tejon is feeling ugly I think....

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
AlanTN

Thank you for your kind words,

I will let you guys know for sure. I just got to find the time between work and family. I do try and take care of my equipment the best I can. I blow my detectors of with light air pressure and wipe down with a damp cloth after every hunt and store detectors inside in a padded carry bag.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

*Tesoro Tejon
*Tesoro Vaquero
*Tesoro Sand Shark
*Whites M6

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like Tesoro switched over to thicker, black coil cable. My black Tesoros came with the thin silver color. That new cable is probably a bit tougher.

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Looks like Tesoro switched over to thicker, black coil cable. My black Tesoros came with the thin silver color. That new cable is probably a bit tougher.

Pinenut,

My coil wire is the thinner silver stuff also.

Re-read my original posting and you will see I stated that I installed a wire loom protection material on the coil wire. The loom material is a 1/8" split black flexible plastic material like used on vehicles wiring. You will see it on your cars wiring under the hood. You can by it by the foot in diffrent sizes. I then put one layer of black tape wrapped around it carefully the full length to seal the loom materials split ( this is probably not necessary but I do it anyway). I have done this on all my detectors for years and never had any damage to a coil wire from brush or stickers.

*** See pic of wire loom material below....

I could only wish Tesoro did this from the factory... Lol

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinenut,

My coil wire is the thinner silver stuff also.

Re-read my original posting and you will see I stated that I installed a wire loom protection material on the coil wire. The loom material is a 1/8" split black flexible plastic material like used on vehicles wiring. You will see it on your cars wiring under the hood. You can by it by the foot in diffrent sizes. I then put one layer of black tape wrapped around it carefully the full length to seal the loom materials split ( this is probably not necessary but I do it anyway). I have done this on all my detectors for years and never had any damage to a coil wire from brush or stickers.

*** See pic of wire loom material below....

I could only wish Tesoro did this from the factory... Lol

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

OK; I thought maybe Tesoro had switched to the German cable supplier that Cors/Nel uses.

Hey - I like the bike handlebar tape, too! I was thinking of doing similar, but with cloth bar tape, then shellac. It holds up very well on my bikes, and you just clean & shellac again when it looks scruffy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread