66.5 KB · Views: 121

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold with your new coil! :occasion14:

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Bill, Great to hear your report on the 8" concentric. Quick question, have you had the chance to compare it to the 8X9 OOR concentric? The 8X9 is the coil placed in the standard package with the Vaquero and Tejon, I wonder why this is from the factory? I have the latter coil but I am always looking for performance comparisons to increase my knowledge of where one component will be more viable than another. Thanks, Don

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Hi Bill, Great to hear your report on the 8" concentric. Quick question, have you had the chance to compare it to the 8X9 OOR concentric? The 8X9 is the coil placed in the standard package with the Vaquero and Tejon, I wonder why this is from the factory? I have the latter coil but I am always looking for performance comparisons to increase my knowledge of where one component will be more viable than another. Thanks, Don

Don,

To be perfectly honest with you I don't see a lot of difference in depth between the two coils in my ground (I had the 8x9 original concentric coil you asked about on my last Tejon and also had one on a former Vaquero detector). For me I just like the balance, look and feel of the 8"concentric donut coil on the Tejon & Vaquero detectors or any Tesoro detector over the 8X9 (more of a personal choice for me). My new Tejon came with the new 8X11 RSD elliptical coil on it so between buying the 8x9 original concentric coil or the 8" donut coil to add to the arsenal I picked the 8" Concentric donut. With that said if I had the 8x9 concentric already I would have just kept and used it as there is not a lot of performance differences between the two in my opinion in my ground. With all this said I really don't mind the original 8x9 coil. The only thing is it does get stuck on stubble a little more when sweeping the coil over this kind of terrain than the 8" donut. Both of the coils being discussed do surprisingly well in trash for there size :icon_thumleft:

In summery,

If I had already owned one or the other I would not have purchased the other, both are great coils. :hello2:

Happy Hunting, 8-)
Bill G

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill,

Thank you for your insight. It's great that you've had 'hands-on' time with both units, speaks well for each. I will retain mine for my arsenal :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread