pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I'd be starting jury duty today but it turned out to be an "on call" day.. So, after dropping my son at school, went over to an old park to play with my new-to-me Outlaw, set up with the 8" donut... Stayed for several hours to get a feel for my new toy, and... I think I like it!

I set the disc just past pulltabs and dug whatever sounded decent. The discrimination is excellent on this Tesoro, one of their best, most accurate disc circuits of their current models.
This was all dug today with the Outlaw. Best thing is probably the old brass clip, but plenty of clad, a bus token & some junk jewelry too. No wheaties or silver today, and I had disc too high for small gold.

IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0275.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ya love that zero motion pin-pointing.:icon_thumright:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt! :occasion14:

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Nice Job,

The Outlaw will get it done and the 8" coil is a good one on it. It also has a sweet ED120 disc circuit on it.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, guys!

More time on the Outlaw today. Found a little silver, a wheatie, token, pile o' clad...
Did another area in the old park I'd been going to. Looks like this section of park isn't used as much, but happy to find the '58 dime and small silver ring!

IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0279.JPG

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting day today...

Started out detecting at a really cool old park with the Outlaw...then got shut down by a ranger after just a few minutes. Turns out that park was actually land purchased by the national park service and a couple other groups. Even though it's not technically a "national park", I was quickly informed I was not allowed to detect there... :(

So, after that dissappointment, I went back to an old (city) park, and continued today's hunting there. Found my second silver ring from that same park (925), another old token, and some odd lucky charm thing that has an angel on it. The angel is a heavy lump that looks like pewter (?) or similar; too heavy for aluminum. Anyone know what the angel thing is? Also found another couple $ in clad and crusty zinc..

IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0289.JPG
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0295.JPG

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to an old camp area today ~ found a '42D Merc. dime..

..and about $8 in clad! Not a single wheat today, though I'm happy with another silver dime. Still have another dozen camp sites to check there. There has to be more old stuff, but that area is really trashy and I've been running disc just past tab there. One of these days I'll start digging those tabs to get a few nickels I'm passing up. ^_^

I took my trusty Eldorado/5.75" along too, but the Outlaw/8" concentric was working so nicely, the Eldo got the whole day off. Really liking this Outlaw!

IMG_0296.JPG

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Started out detecting at a really cool old park with the Outlaw...then got shut down by a ranger after just a few minutes. Turns out that park was actually land purchased by the national park service and a couple other groups. Even though it's not technically a "national park", I was quickly informed I was not allowed to detect there... :(

So, after that dissappointment, I went back to an old (city) park, and continued today's hunting there. Found my second silver ring from that same park (925), another old token, and some odd lucky charm thing that has an angel on it. The angel is a heavy lump that looks like pewter (?) or similar; too heavy for aluminum. Anyone know what the angel thing is? Also found another couple $ in clad and crusty zinc..

View attachment 1364640
View attachment 1364641
View attachment 1364642
View attachment 1364643
View attachment 1364644

I believe that token was made by Hoffman Mint, no clue about the angel.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the finds! :occasion14:

I enjoy using the Tesoro Outlaw and Tejon, both fun machines to hunt nice old areas.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Outlaw "king of coins".

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice spread of loot there for a days hunt

Hey; thanks! In the first post, that loot was all pulled out on the same day. Later posts were all from different days, but I haven't been putting up pics of everything I'd found there. Lots of ugly, crusty clad and some trash. Most all the above is from the same park, though.
I'm running a lower disc setting there now, digging more tabs and hoping to find other goodies. I usually start out just over foil but get fed up quickly, digging dozens of tabs...

Just found a bent sterling silver cross there. Got whacked by a mower, I guess. The cross is small, about the size of a dime and probably about the same weight. The Outlaw gave a strong dig me! signal on it. ^_^

IMG_0314.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread