steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha foot deep eh?
Maybe if I get one it'll be my first all sweep machine.
I'll get all the shallower stuff with my others then run that one for anything else left lol.
That would be the best combo for cleaning out an area for a test bed lol. Make sure nothing is left.

I'll let you in on one of my secrets I picked up from others who have shared it. Lot of railroads are gone now. Many through cities of course. Find some old maps with railroads, then get in google earth and follow the right-of-way hundreds of miles. Many near highways, the track was dug up long ago but many bridges were left or the concrete pilings for them. These railroad bridges made nice swimming holes for the kids back then, and livestock, and travelers passing through on horses. You can go to the county and see who owns the land now and ask. Many times they'll say no, but every once in a while you'll end up sitting on the front porch listening to an old man talk about when he was young. Be sure to visit regularly, even if you don't detect.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let you in on one of my secrets I picked up from others who have shared it. Lot of railroads are gone now. Many through cities of course. Find some old maps with railroads, then get in google earth and follow the right-of-way hundreds of miles. Many near highways, the track was dug up long ago but many bridges were left or the concrete pilings for them. These railroad bridges made nice swimming holes for the kids back then, and livestock, and travelers passing through on horses. You can go to the county and see who owns the land now and ask. Many times they'll say no, but every once in a while you'll end up sitting on the front porch listening to an old man talk about when he was young. Be sure to visit regularly, even if you don't detect.

Good ideas!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread