pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too high, unless it's just like brand new. For your "average" used one in good shape with a few scuffs and scratches, about $225-$250. ^_^

OP
OP
S

spacelooper

Oct 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this considered a desirable Tesoro unit? or would I be better off purchasing a current model?

thanks,
Todd

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this considered a desirable Tesoro unit? or would I be better off purchasing a current model?

thanks,
Todd

While Tesoro units are all very durable and reliable, it's nice to have the lifetime warranty you get when buying new.

YES, Bandido II microMAX is... a fantastic Tesoro.
Of the currently produced models though, the Outlaw is pretty darned close to Bandido IIm in design and use.

Show the seller average prices on that unit, from ebay "sold" listings. Average is much less than his asking price.
If he won't deal, take a look at the current Tesoro line. I like all my Tesoros, but the Outlaw is presently my most often used. Bandido IIm, Eldorado, and SilverSabre microMAX are my favorite older models.
Haven't played with a Tesoro yet though, that I didn't like.. ^_^

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to agree with pinenut the last I Tesoro Bandido II uMax went for used on eBay for $208.05, the Tesoro Outlaw 8" donut coil one sold for what a Bandido II is now going for now at $255.01, but most Outlaws I saw are around the $330- 350 used mark if you want all three coils.:hello2:

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $350 shipped for my Bandido 2 micromax with 8" coil and 5.75" coil in mint condition......maybe a little on the high end price wise.....but i wanted a nice unit. I prefer it over the Outlaw and have used both. Not the same machine, believe me. And not a fan of the big red retune/pinpoint button on the Outlaw. Outlaw is a good machine....just like the Bandido 2 better. Eldorado micromax is a nice machine also, but Bandido 2 is deeper in my ground by a couple inches.

oneton

Jul 24, 2006
LOUISIANA
You are better off with a new Outlaw and it is a little more quiet in iron than the bandido. Also you will get a liftime on the outlaw . The field test to me shows the outlaw is the way to go, for get the red button use the switch,newer,quieter,lifetime warranty,win win

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I agree about the outlaw. Nice to have the warranty and it's very close to the bandido II micromax. It is based off of it.
I got lucky when I got mine. Brand new condition with 8,5.75, and 7" coil for like 300. But even that's pushing the price allowed. The coils made it a better deal.

In the end it's up to you and if it's worth it to you.
It's my favorite Tesoro to date along with its younger brother the outlaw.
Heck I live all my tesoros

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a newly released Tesoro Mojave $251.10 shipped and comes with a lifetime warranty. It works super great in iron and is a blast to use.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread