Anyone see that Golden Umax go for 800$!

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does it compare to the Tejon on gold? Just wondering.

I would say either the Compadre from what I hear the Tejon is up there on fine small jewelry gold as is the Lobo, the Golden I could not tell you, but looking at the KHz I imagine these others would perform a bit better...I will let the experts weigh in on this as I am speculating.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does it compare to the Tejon on gold? Just wondering.

If you're out looking for 'gold rings', the Golden µMax (new factory tone) is your best bet by far. It's what it was designed to do best. Also it's a great coin shooter. In my soil, it's as every bit as deep the Outlaw, Silver µMax, Bandido II µMax and Eldorado if it's set up properly. That means using no discrimination or notch, just using audio tones.

I use the 'notch width' control knob to just barely throw a sports drink foil cap into the iron audio tone (around the 2:00 o'clock position). With that setting most beaver tail pull tabs, zinc pennies and screw caps will have their own distinct audio tone so you won't be bothered having to dig those. Just dig the mid-high audio tones if you're on the prowl for gold rings. That high percentage gold ring range is anything above foil caps up to beaver tail pull tabs. Dig the high audio tones if you're looking for coins.

It takes a little time to get it figured out, but once you do, it's easy to use and deadly on gold rings.

tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tesoro Golden µMax went to the highest bidder for $890 shipped! My oh my!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i seen this. Remember that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Would I buy it? Maybe not, but if i really wanted it or was in the market for a golden i would have to consider it. I have never owned a golden so I don't know what I'm missing. I would have to opt for something close to it. Maybe a used outlaw or something like that. Could the golden at 10khz really be that much better than a outlaw with 10khz plus a ground balance? Just my guess i would say no. But cash is king little k in this world and someone can spend it on whatever they please. it was a good looking detector either way. Well kept.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it is the same one but the one I'm talking about sold a few hours ago for over $800.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this is the one I'm talking about. A nice looking machine.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i guess i need a golden then?! I should not be walking past gold with the Tejon? Maybe just digging more trash i suppose? The Tejon hits super hard on trash i know that, But i haven't learned it yet. Thanks

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i seen this. Remember that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Would I buy it? Maybe not, but if i really wanted it or was in the market for a golden i would have to consider it. I have never owned a golden so I don't know what I'm missing. I would have to opt for something close to it. Maybe a used outlaw or something like that. Could the golden at 10khz really be that much better than a outlaw with 10khz plus a ground balance? Just my guess i would say no. But cash is king little k in this world and someone can spend it on whatever they please. it was a good looking detector either way. Well kept.

The problem is, nothing is quite going to make a substitute for that detector. The Outlaw lacks the tones, the adjustable notch, and the special mojo that people claim that the Golden has. That is why the Goldens have gone up like this. The legend about them grew after they were discontinued.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is wild! I guess i need one now!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have talked to them. I think they watch eBay pretty closely.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know if it is the same one but the one I'm talking about sold a few hours ago for over $800.

Actually looking under the sold history there are five Golden µMax detectors that sold shipped for $890, $717, $800, $700, $768.02.

tabman

Last edited:

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That broken looking Golden / Bandito2 package didn't get to the reserve. Now he has just that broken looking Golden up for $800. But with no item description addressing what looks like damage on it, I wouldn't touch it for 1/4 that.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One sold last night for $890 with three coils. Very nice looking machine. Looked like brand new.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That broken looking Golden / Bandito2 package didn't get to the reserve. Now he has just that broken looking Golden up for $800. But with no item description addressing what looks like damage on it, I wouldn't touch it for 1/4 that.

Yeah! Also there's no information saying if it's the 'new tone' or 'old tone' Golden µMax and there are no pictures of the search coils.

tabman

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Before he offered that detector package, he offered the Bandido II μMAX separately. I asked the guy for decent pictures showing several area and he refused, saying something like "my cell phone doesn't do any better". Told him that I guess I don't need that one... (and have bought another clean BIIμ since)
He had it on ebay, and overpriced for quite a while. Too bad, as I drive through his area four days a week. Both detectors he's been offering have not only been overpriced, but appear a bit scruffy.
Be cautious if dealing with that guy... (bigredbmx). ::)

OP
OP
G

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After all this, imagine if Tesoro "magically" restored the Golden Umax to the their lineup... I'd pay 500 tops..

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After all this, imagine if Tesoro "magically" restored the Golden Umax to the their lineup... I'd pay 500 tops..

After all the discussion on this and what we have saw enough said as Gone Detectin has it right here.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

After all the discussion on this and what we have saw enough said as Gone Detectin has it right here.:goldtrophy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread