Anyone see that Golden Umax go for 800$!

Gone Detectin

Nov 2, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Bandido II Umax,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone see that Golden micromax go for 800$ on ebay?! I've been wanting one for years and I check ebay to see if any slip through.. Man I don't know if I could justify that much money..

Dont know if I can post a link without getting in trouble? So just check sold listings under Tesoro Golden..

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup! Looks like I will be holding on to mine. Although I have the original, proper conductive order tone configuration (but I like it that way), mine has the newer face plate too.

I really enjoy this machine!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Golden is a great machine....for certain uses. However, it is not a depth monster and is in no way worth $800.00! I would like to have one for parks and such but don't guess I will be buying one at the prices as of lately.....

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be buying a brand new Cortes but not a Golden uMax, that way I have a full limmited lifetime warranty and I recall there where some issues with some of the Golden uMax maybe the programming of the unit, and for 800.00 I just go new at this point with a Cortes or wait for what the "Cazador' brings to the table.. just my two cents.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Sep 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
XP-DEUS 2, MANTICORE, XP-DEUS 1, Equinox 800, Simplex, 1280x, Gold Bug 2, 12v Gator Gill Hookah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one now for $1000 buy it now

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I am seeing the correct sold history on ebay that ended on Oct 5th, let's remember folks, this one that sold came with a handfull of extra coils, lower rod and cover, and headphones.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I look at some of the listings and merely remember some quotes of Phineas Barnum and William Dukenfield...about suckers, mostly. Ebay sellers are out fishin' for suckers... ^_^

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth it. I wish I had one just to resell at the moment. It is crazy. I believe I would rather have a new Cortes as well. I myself believe I will be getting a Cortes matter of fact. I just do not understand why someone would spend that much on the golden umax. I know it is probably a good park unit but for everywhere else, all that notching would not be in need while hunting old yards and fields.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Is it worth it? Don't know but consider this, even at these high prices there are still few golden umax's being offered for sale or put out at auction. You would think more owners would be selling, but it seems there not.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it worth it? Don't know but consider this, even at these high prices there are still few golden umax's being offered for sale or put out at auction. You would think more owners would be selling, but it seems there not.

They're not selling their toys because they don't need the money, or in many cases, they have no idea what the Goldens have been selling for.
It wasn't one of Tesoro's cheaper models and may not have sold in high numbers when new. If it were a hot seller, Tesoro would still have it in their lineup. My guess is that for folks who wanted some sort of target ID in a Tesoro, they opted for DeLeon or Cortes.

Pay whatever you want for one. Nobody will care but you. ^_^
I think that when it becomes time to resell the ones folks paid so much for...they'll be asking themselves "what was I thinking?", as their market value will probably be gone.

BTW - That same amount of money will buy you a nice new Racer 2, which by all accounts is a better, more effective toy than the Golden...but yeah; not made in USA nor by Tesoro. Since there is still no "cazador", it's likely that my next detector will be that Racer.

I suspect the high Golden prices are just being paid by "detector collectors", wanting to round out their Tesoro collection.
While I now have several Tesoros...I'd rather go find stuff than collect 'em all.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Pinenut, I agree with your post. It may well be collectors making those purchases. I have no plans on selling mine. Don't need the money and I like the detector. I also know if I sell it I will never have another one. I have had my eye on the racer as well. I like that it has a large display and it's light. I just don't think it can find anything my dfx or cz21 can't find. Will get a used one eventually just to play with a new toy.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See one on ebay ~4 days left, reserve not meet. Looks like they are holding there value as great Tesoro's always do.

Last edited:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I have seen post where people have stated they have gone through a handful of Tejon's or Vaquero's and I mean 10 of these.... can't remember who but if you are stating you are going through that many then there is something wrong with either the way you take care of them or I rather think they are re-selling them on the Internet. What people are doing is saying they have purchased them used and turn around and sell then buy them back on a auction website while making a better dollar for a sucker to pay more then what they are worth. Scalpers!! Quit driving the dollar up on something you can buy practically new from a dealer at a great price. But that is what they do wait for BIG deals then wait for the demand on the forums and then post them to make 50 to $100 more or even more to what they are worth. They are now even bundling the offers. Why are they doing this...I think is because they know that Tesoro has not released something recent, thus sellers have an advantage to pry on those looking for a oldie but goodie while still keeping the sticker price high. but some of us are not fooled.

HH

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a factory 'new tone' Golden µMax (not a upgrade) that has more than paid for itself with gold jewelry finds. It's matched up with a 8 inch doughnut search coil. It's plenty deep, it will high tone several inches above the ground on a freshly buried 5 inch deep dime and it is even hotter on nickels and gold rings. It take a little time to master, but in the right hands it's deadly at finding gold rings at trash laden parks. If you can find one for sale, buy it.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see that they have another Golden µMax (new tone) that is now up to $680 shipped with 30 bids. How high will it go?

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does it compare to the Tejon on gold? Just wondering.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I agree as well to your statement and may I add to this, willing to use.. as it is a great Tesoro product and I too 'would' have been looking at this, and reserve not meet once again as I predicted, round 3, wonder why??.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread