Future Tosoro - What knobs and switches would you like to see on the next production?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am wondering what others are looking for in another new dream Tosoro metal detector. What buttons or knobs have you liked in the past and what would you want to have on your future machine?

Mine would be a multi frequency machine from say 5-20 KHz 5, 6 frequency shift a 5, 10.6, 12.5, 14.5, 17.6, 20KHz. Keep what they have done on the Vaquero but add notch width of the Golden uMax but with 4-5 distinctive audio sounds along with the VCO as with the Tejon have a mult tone option that you can switch to on adjust the VCO if you like. A switch also at the back of the unit to have alt discrimination trigger or retune/pinpoint option adding to what the Tejon has already, but the alt discriminator a disc1 or disc2 switch as well as a slider on the machine not to take up space without another alt discrimination knob, but keep the Ground Adjustment, Sensitivity and Threshold the way they currently have it. A meter screen option for those if you like. Some feature of the No Motion Audio All Audio of the Bandido II and the Outlaw for sure. A Retune/Pinpoint switch on the back or the button on the faceplate to pinpoint your target accurately down to the location size under the coil, and 3 package coil 5.75, 8 concentric, and 11x8 DD instead though as they already have for the Outlaw and keep the 8" donut option as well, keep it light with a 9 volt but may require additional batteries I imagine.

Mine would be called the Tesoro Grande -"Great" with a picture of Jack Gifford on it.

And in the future as Tesoro has wonderfully done adapt this machine into Tesoro Grande uMax II with other feature options that would grow towards.:tongue3:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want a machine that you ground balance and forget. No knobs, just a screen and keypad. Programmable, with at least four operating modes, coil choices, and POWER! :skullflag:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the above but add a nice analog meter to help determine depth and size as part of the pinpoint function. Yes the average person can lift the coil off the ground to help determine depth but for those of us lacking depth perception, it would make life just a little easier.

Last edited:

MD2020

Oct 14, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax w/ 8" concentric
Tesoro Cibola w/ 9x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I would love to have a semi-waterproof like the AT pro. OR a Tesoro waterproof case that would allow me to put my current tesoros in. Very much like all the mods out there. Other than that .. I dont care for too much fancy stuff.

Last edited:

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
I like Tesoro's the way they are,

With that said in a perfect world for me a Tejon type design detector ( frequency options you can by the frequency you like). A two tone feature with the tone break at were the disc knob is set with a toggle to turn the two tone option off. Toggle for no motion all metal on or off. A precise and fast auto ground balance with a tracking lock option like the White's MXT & M6 detectors. A water proof and non water proof version of this detector. Also lots of stable power capable of deep depth if turned up. Super fast target response speed. Lots of accessory coil choices.

All of this would be :thumbsup: :icon_thumright: for me..

Happy Hunting All, :headbang:
Bill G

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call mine the Matador uMax. It would have a 3X3 LCD target I.D. with a large 2 digit readout for conductivity. A confidence meter, a running depth meter and an all metal switch that reads out in inches. I would like it to have ground tracking like Lobo super traq, a threshold adjustment, sensitivity and disc knobs. With a switch to turn a back light on or off. And come stock with a 11X8 DD coil.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far most are looking for a screen pad without knobs, certainly a larger readable screen pad programmable toggle would offer more variety options with less knobs, with depth reading, sensitivity adjustments, etc..as well most have agreed to self adjusting ground balance. Water proof mostly I imagine that can take heavy rain like other competitors out there without the exception of a full dunking in the water or option like others have mentioned fully submersible. Super fast target response like most Tesoro's have been already is a must still along with step frequencies. I Like the back light options I was going to state that as an earlier item to mine thanks for mentioning that as well.

All very interesting so far. Thanks for the replies to those so far and keep them coming. :notworthy:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not get it. If Tesoro's are so great, why would one feel the need to change anything?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not get it. If Tesoro's are so great, why would one feel the need to change anything?

There are SO many things you don't get Scott. :laughing7:

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah...in the world of Sales and Marketing and keeping with the times, you would expect and imagine Tosoro would need to produce another great product to keep strong in such a competitive market place. And I will say this without experience...I think Tosoro is different.

Looking at Tosoro I would like to have anyone post what Tesoro has produced since their conception to what other competitors have over the years, as top selling machines. Every year since Tesoro has started has produced analog devices per year yet they have remained strong, hence I give them credit for that.

Recently though from 2000 from their releases on there great analog devices still remain strong, and I imagine there top sellers over the years have been consistent with their competitors with respect to most of their loyal customer base, but image as well Tesoro has grow their new customer base to a new higher loyal user base, those loyal base users understand as Tesoro does...don't change it if it works.. as that is what Tesoro knows what has worked for them over the years by keeping it simple. I think though that new users who have read the forums and information on various websites understand as well that this is what Tesoro is all about, don't chage it if it works..I know I have.

But we are now entering an age where there has been great consideration on Tosoro part to bridge the analog to digital device where we need to see a detector to what many have been watching and wondering what is going to be next stable selling machine within the market place for the years to come. We live now in a digital world and I totally respect the younger generations that are getting involved in this hobby that they to have read and understand as Tesoro believes regarding analog technology vs bridging towards a more digital world/product. But lets not forget Tesoro has long been successful in producing analog devices over the years as other competitors have but even when digital has been around over the years that Tesoro has accepted more so that analog is really not a bad 'word' or 'thing' especially when you are using your trained ear to understand the signal differences that analog brings next to digital devices to what is in the ground!

That in itself is why I believe Tesoro is a great company who has not followed what others have done but understand what true loyal and new customers are wanting from a reliable repeatable working machine that they know can bring them joy once they know what is in the ground other then what is shown on a display. Thereofre allowing those to dig most of what their trained ear tells them if at times it is unwanted items, but it is those unwanted items that you have dug that will allow you to learn from and differ from the trash or treausre objects that will make you a more experience listener over time. By understanding through different tones that what you unearth to what the truth from their eyes tells them from their recoveries on those good repeatable digable objects is how we bridge 'analog' or by listening and not seeing this is why I think I would not spend thousands of dollars on a display. That is why I respect why Tesoro has remained the way they are today.

I believe by keeping a loyal base and by keeping a broad selection of analog devices for those who have dedicated there time to listen to what the device brings to their ears...I imagine will still see Tesoro offer this type of device which will be hard to deviate from that loyal analog base to digital base. With that said we have already seen a transition for very good products that bridge this 'world' like the Deleon and the Cortes for example, and I imagine we are in for a treat very soon to see a device that will bring even more excitement in the metal detecting world, and could possible bridge a newer younger generation towards an ever increasing Tesoro loyal user base. If we continue to share and contribute to what others have to say I think their is still a strong future in this a 'analog universe' we live in.

Last edited:

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me, a rechargeable battery pack would be at the top of the list. Also, a automatic GB feature that automatically tracks the ground and allows you to set a +/- GB based on your preference.

Also, a true silent pinpoint mode that only beeped when your target was directly under the center of the coil would be great :)

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if its possible to have the best of both worlds? A single machine that can go from analog to digital with the flip of a switch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread