pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey gang, a couple questions for those of you running a non-stock coil on your Cibola and did not send it to Tesoro for adjustment... How far off was your ground balance when you swapped the coil? Who has retuned their factory GB trim pot (internal) to get the new coil dialed in, and how touchy is that little pot?

I'm thinking of leaving my new (second hand) high-tone Cibola stock, but swapping out the factory 9x8 for a smaller 5.75" concentric. I bought it used (but it's like new), and I'm not going to pay $50 just to have the GB tweaked to match a different coil... Should be a 5 minute job to do myself, just wondering how far yours were off.

I've recently purchased two used Cibolas, one standard tone, and a high-tone. Still waiting on the 10 turn potentiometers I ordered to modify these, but I may just mod the standard tone... Been out playing with the high-tone Cibola, and found that it's too positively balanced in one park (on all the freq switch settings), and just right on freq1 at another park... Cibola seems to work pretty well, but I haven't seen any greater depth than my Outlaw gives in those same parks.

Anyway, just wondering about the coil swap, and who has adjusted theirs internally to the new coil. ^_^

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forget which way it goes but it either goes more negative ad you go bigger and positive as your coil goes small than the factory one. Or vice versa lol. But mine came pretty off when I got it so I modded it, but hopefully someone can chime in.
I know that AJ guy from the other forum did a video using a 3x13 on his and seemed to work.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try it to see if it works okay or not before deciding.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread