Will Tesoro release a new machine for 2017?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even with me being a big fan of Tesoro machines....I have to question some of their decisions the last couple years. They discontinued making one of their best machines (Golden) and have still not replaced it.....even after "announcing" the release of a new machine. Why would a company do these things? I am worried that the people running this company are not so worried about its future.....

The folks running Tesoro may not be worried at all. Life could be taking 'em in a different direction. Maybe they're ready to retire, maybe they have other sources of income..
Still, I know that fans of their company (good people) and their products, would be glad to see them doing well in the future.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think mine sort of gave up... Now she just says "what did you get for me...?"... She knows exactly what it is. :tongue3:

Just one year I would like to surprise her to death and not knowing everything up front, that would help to bring back the Christmas spirit in our household, with you 100% on this. :BangHead:

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going back on the post that pinenut shared with Tesoro's new packaging, I think we will see a new line up fore sure, the Cazador, a Golden uMax II, Vaquero II and a Tejon II and like what I see from the Makro and some of the XP Deus features I would see the Cazador go up against the Makro Racer 2...just my forecast though. Will we see a upgrade to the Compadre..likely not or even the Cibola because looking at the higher lines mentioned earlier the focus as many have stated have to be competitive to the features to maintain there place in the marekt place on these more intermediate and advanced detectors. I think it would be wise to keep the Comapdre, Cibola and the Silver uMax where they are but maybe a cosmetic upgrade just to the Compadre, Silver uMax,Outlaw, Delon and the Cortes face plates, beige will need to be changed to keep with the times of a younger generation hate to say it as nice as I think they are it has to go. Yes I know beige looks and fits the analogue device well, but we need to bridge the world towards a digital device lets change to a darker color but some beige on the device and certainly the beige print then instead, gotta keep that orange and brown and beige on the Tesoro logo as well as that looks freakin hot for them.

Going for the look I do like what Tesoro has done on the color of the device other then how they perform I think beige was a long color that has worked for them and hate to see it go.. but just not sure on the entire face plate, it really does work on the analouge knobs and switches though if they ever got rid of this then, then the beige face plate would need to go.

I searched google and found some nice color pallets that would look nice, while still keeping with the Arizona home look.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f1/09/b4/f109b4eadaad09779fb08fe991aa0127.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/40/51/af/4051af85ffb8184008b69f6109a0cdec.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d1/86/a6/d186a62773794bb9dad41c8d33d50dce.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ce/75/64/ce75645d663bc1e8b9036c889e676e41.jpg

That is all I am looking for if they came out with something new and different, and in another say 3-4 years bring out a completely new detector.

Regards

Last edited:

Rare_Hunter

Mar 1, 2009
Green Bay, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Tesoro Golden U-Max
I predict a milking of their current lineup / dissolving and they close their doors for good by 2020.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stated before, they will close their doors by the end of 2018. Let us see who is right.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I don't know guys, I think every competitor has felt the pinch, but all have been able to produce another nice low to mid line and even high end model machine, but where my .02 comes in on this post is to say anything less the the $400.00ish range to stay ahead, lets start with each of the company's models regardless if they are higher the the $400.00ish range to stay ahead of each other, I am willing to place my bets on the best selling units under $400.00ish just my educated guess here in no particular order, here we go.

First the Garrett Ace 250 one of the world best selling machine as well their new 2016 lines even if they had done very well with the the AT Pro and Gold lines which I have to mention have done well for them and for that affected everyone else somewhat out there.

Second Fisher it was the F2 next F4 maybe F44 and their F75 and even Series 2 have done well for them as their high end units.

Bounty Hunter I think it was their Hunter Land Ranger Pro by far. Bounty Hunter Junior may have sold lots as a beginner unit.

For Teknetics T2 on the high end seems popular but mid would be the Delta 4000, and the lower range would be the Euro Tek Pro would have been the best selling I imagine.

For Whites it was the Coinmaster.

As for the Tesoro it was the Compadre and the Cibola as there top selling...and imagine the Vaquero release in 2004(seems like a long time ago) came in third I might be wrong maybe the Outlaw release in 2012, but seems Vaquero had the edge to me I imagine.

Makro 2 Racer high end best selling for them and the Nokta For Cors even over the Gold.

Minelab it would have been the either the Go Find 60, X-Terra 705, the Saffari and the E-Trac of course the 505 just not sure if this has been there best selling unit, and the 3030 just to expensive to make it in there line up I think on the high end, think the E-Trac takes the cake.

XP Deus

That is alot to compete with guys in the last turn of the century even for Tesoro...I would give them a break, I think personally they won't disappoint here in 2017, lets wait and see before we make such bold statements, I realize we are all anticipating a release soon and have been waiting patiently..but like Terry Soloman mentioned post way back when this started he has been waiting like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin, we should all be positive and all intilled to your own opinion and frustrations to express this your own way.

Me I will enjoy using my Vaquero next year, and whatever happens I will likely hold on to this baby, even though this was mentioned before on another post.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tesoro/340206-official-tesoro-metal-detectors-company-release.html

Last edited:

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think Tesoro is very proud of what they've become. They offer an excellent product with outstanding service backed by a lifetime warranty.
Who else offers that? Nobody.
To continue to provide what Tesoro provides to there customers, I wouldn't expect leaps and bounds in technology in there new detector line.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think Tesoro will release the new machine this coming spring. I am so confident it is going to be their best machine yet, that I'm going to sell my non-Tesoro single- and multi- frequency VLF machines to make room for it. :icon_thumright: :headbang: :skullflag:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what do you want for the mackro?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shoot me a pm and we can discuss it. If I could find one for the right price I would but it just to test it againest the deus. I had a fors core wasnt to impressed with it but I know the racer 2 has a few more bells and whistles to it.You know everyone has there on choice.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thankyou for the offers but Ive been looking at them for awhile now you guys are gonna be hard pressed to get that kind os money out of them . I could have bought a pro pack for 575.00 awhile back , they dont look to holding a great resale value. I believe theres one on ebay for 525.00 now.standard pack for 525.00

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North Georgia relics has a Tejon for 349, that's a great price

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thankyou for the offers but Ive been looking at them for awhile now you guys are gonna be hard pressed to get that kind os money out of them . I could have bought a pro pack for 575.00 awhile back , they dont look to holding a great resale value. I believe theres one on ebay for 525.00 now.standard pack for 525.00

J
Just hit EBAY - I can't find a used Racer 2 Pro Pack for under $700. Could you post the link?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
North Georgia relics has a Tejon for 349, that's a great price

North Georgia Relics often has Tejon trade-ins at good prices...so many in fact, that they sent me one by mistake, for a super-low price... I had actually paid him for a used Cibola, and was sent a like-new Tejon; nice upgrade. He told me "keep it" when I informed him of the mistake...felt guilty, so sent a few extra $.. That Tejon seems the "hotter" of my two. :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...I just have to have that new Tesoro that Terry is saying is coming out this Spring. LOL

tabman

While I didn't ask for specific info., I just sent an email to Allan @ Tesoro, asking if new product rumors can be confirmed or denied...
Was thinking about getting myself a Racer 2 this coming spring, but would much rather have a modern Tesoro.
If Allan confirms or denies, I'll let you guys know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread