DeLeon on the way

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you "Gone Detectin" for the info on the VDI numbers. I am actually cataloging these numbers and what you say, and numbers what others have written about and information. All the info I have gathered about the DeLeon I try to memorize by going over it many times. For me, its the same as memorizing a song, get it into your brain where it will stick. Perhaps I am going overboard with it all, but that's just me. My wife has told me for years I am OCD, or maybe COD. Smart woman.

Stoof2010. When I talked with Allen at Tesoro, we discussed installing the 5.5 Concentric and how often it would fail to work properly without sending the detector and coil to them for ground balancing. Allen said this would be a rarity. Almost never necessary. Especially with the smaller coils like the 5.5.

If anyone owns a Tesoro, Allen at Tesoro is a great person to talk to with questions or problems. I've never talked to Rusty, and I would think he would be too.
I have talked to Allen twice since making my decision to order the Deleon. Allen never rushes me to finish the call. Answers all my many newbee questions without fail and I hear no sign of him being annoyed. Just the opposite. If I lived in Arizona, I think Allen and I could be buddies.

He also advised me not to send my warranty card in until I get my 5.5 coil. He said to complete the card on the Deleon, and also write on the card the name and serial number of the coil. He assured me they would log both in at the same time. Of course I'll make a copy and keep it in my MD file that I have created.

Well, much to my dismay, according to UPS tracking, the Deleon will not be delivered a day earlier as I had hoped. Tomorrow in the late afternoon.

Wow. Kind of long winded, huh?

Don't worry Vern ; I'm def, OCD (Worry & Details) being the main Obsession at this time.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck out there Today Vern2.
I love your Enthusiasm , with that attitude imo your on the right track to some Cool Finds.

I wished , I lived closer ,I would love to do a hunt with you & your Grandson.
My 8 y/o has No Interest in detecting, Arrrrrrrrrrrrr. LOL

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. I've fell head over heals with this hobby or sport, etc. It's fun, rewarding, and actually a way of exercising.
Dagain a hole, find money.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck out there Today Vern2.
I love your Enthusiasm , with that attitude imo your on the right track to some Cool Finds.

I wished , I lived closer ,I would love to do a hunt with you & your Grandson.
My 8 y/o has No Interest in detecting, Arrrrrrrrrrrrr. LOL

Hey Dave

Yeah, that would be nice. Perhaps late spring when the weather warms a little we might could plan something. I am still trying to find places to hunt, but doing pretty good so far. I have permission to hunt a 1905 homestead (still occupied) out in the country. Excited about that. Sorry, but the first couple of times I'm going to be a hog. Ha ha. Truth is I have to earn his and her trust first.

Dave, I pretty much stay excited about everything. Way way too many hobbies.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hobbies..?

...Way way too many hobbies.

That's always been a problem of mine, as well. I'll probably be doing some target shooting soon then playing with the cars, to mention just a couple of the hobbies. I've never had trouble finding ways to play.. It's even more fun when I can combine the hobbies.. It's amazing that my wife still puts up with me. :tongue3:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here pinenut. All my family claims I'm OCD. Indian artifacts, Mountain dulcimer, sewing, fly fishing, camping. Life is always interesting. Fun too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread