Tesoro has a new machine out!

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the discrimination any better than the other tesoros? Does it offer some even small edge on pull tabs? These are my 2 questions. Seems like a hot rod improved compadre with improved and changeable coil. I'd like to have one.

Last edited:

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have plenty of them on Ebay.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they don't yet...

They have plenty of them on Ebay.

Those sellers don't all have stock yet; they're pre-selling.
If you want one before everyone else...you need to go to the right guy. A hint: he lives where it's mostly :icon_sunny:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He only has 3 left Pinenut, maybe none now.lol distributors pit it on back order at the factory with all the orders yesterday.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that don't realize it, when you turn the Compadre on without adding any disc, you're in all metal.
luvsdux

Hold on a minute, I may need to go back to school.

In the old days, discrimination set for zero and the all metal mode was two different modes. In all metal the signal bypassed the discriminator circuit and filters completely giving you more depth.

I'll have to pull out one of my old detectors to verify.

Some of the lower end detectors today claim zero discrimination as all metal, but it's a shortcut that isn't all metal bypassing the discriminator circuitry and filters.

If you have a detector like a Silver Max and it has the same depth running zero discrimination or all metal, then the all metal setting isn't bypassing the discriminator circuitry.

Right?

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who was disappointed with this? I was waiting for something more upgraded, Something more high end from them with more fine tuning and then this... I've been wanting to try the outlaw or vaquero but have been waiting for the "new" machine to pull the trigger and now I'm just starring in silence.. :icon_scratch:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am I the only one who was disappointed with this? I was waiting for something more upgraded, Something more high end from them with more fine tuning and then this... I've been wanting to try the outlaw or vaquero but have been waiting for the "new" machine to pull the trigger and now I'm just starring in silence.. :icon_scratch:

Nope, you're not alone. Hoping for the "Big" release in March. :skullflag:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope, you're not alone. Hoping for the "Big" release in March. :skullflag:

So... if the Mojave is how Tesoro upgrades it's entry level detectors, can you imagine what the new 'advanced' detector might have?!? Oh the possibilities...:hello2:

Nevertheless, the Mojave does look tempting, even if it would be for a spare, or one of my kids to use, or just for that 7 inch concentric coil.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say it is a nice looking detector but then i am a Tesoro fan and a Minelab fan ....................... DSCN0810.JPG

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interesting in purchasing a more expenses detector that will go deeper. Good hunting and good luck.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am interesting in purchasing a more expenses detector that will go deeper. Good hunting and good luck.
You don't really buy this detector for depth. This machine is much more of a keep in the car totlot slayer that finds the small gold jewelry and chains. Don't doubt the ability of this machine. It has separation and disc second to none on targets at shallow and medium depths I'm sure. I used to own a Golden Umax with the Troy shadow 7 coil. That thing could clean a playground up!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Exactly

A different purse and shade of lipstick ain't it.

Has anyone tested the Mojave against other models? On the surface, I'm guessing it isn't any deeper than a Compadre.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be testing it today in my test beds and will see hoe it stands up to several other tesoro's including the compadres. Compadres don't have modulated audio, this according to the manuel does. If thus is truly an upgraded compadre with a 7in coil than I couldn't be happier. Tesoro did what we asked for without having to modify a compadre ourselves. Kudos to them for listening.

Rob in (ca)

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With it's higher frequency and small coil, it's more opted for Park / sports field / tot lot type hunting, at $250 it will take no time to pay it off.

Now if someone is looking to dig 2 feet deep for coin or Relics, there'e better choices out there.

OP
OP
D

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no interest in digging deeper than 8 inches. I've dug a few targets at 10"-12" when I had my Tejon, but only once was it a keeper. The other times I wasted time digging just to pull out a 22 slug or a bb. I think there are a lot of good finds still waiting next to nails, pulltabs etc. More so than in the 8" to 12" layer underground. For me, the ability to recover quickly and separate signals over close targets is more important than going deeper.

This is is what I will be hoping for in the Mohave, not more depth.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm expecting the UPS Big Brown Truck to drive up in front of my house any minute now with my new Mojave.

tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got it and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can pick coins out of nails with great ease and has plenty of depth. The Mojave had no problem getting 2 inches of airspace about a 6 inch buried silver dime in my test garden. It's one amazing detector. The Tesoro Mojave will go down as a 'Classic'. I can't wait to get out and do some swinging with it.

tabman

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it take's one to know one, Tab.

Top Member Reactions