Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My DeLeon found today: 7 pennies, 3 dimes, a copper ear ring, and some unmentionables. This was all in 2 hours at a local park in the city that has been a city park for the last 85 years.

While I am pleased with what I found, cause I like getting down on the ground and digging, I just wish I could find some quarters and nickles. Of course maybe there are few of these in the park. Who knows. But they just have to be there.

Anyways, I had my 6 year old grandson helping me find the coins today with his PP. So I'm going to give it a go alone, tomorrow morning for a couple more hours.

I think it was bibelot, who wrote, when not finding quarters, trim the disc down to to 3 or 4, and threshold 1/8" into the red. Hopefully when I try this quarters will show up in some holes.

I'll tell you this though, when the DeLeon shows a full bar and a 95, its a coin. Always a coin.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congratulations!...

You'll find it all; just give it some time.:occasion14:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It just takes some time to get used to what the machine is telling you....if it's there odds are you'll find it.

Regards + HH

Bill

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I predict you'll find a silver or gold ring before you find a quarter - Good Luck! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I predict you'll find a silver or gold ring before you find a quarter - Good Luck! :icon_thumright:

Terry, this Terry would just go nuts.☺����

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep keep it going Vern you will find the big one you sound determined, kids bring good luck as well.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My grandson is almost 7, and he loves tagging along and helping me find treasure. He believes I would never see the treasure in the hole without his superboy eyes. May be true.

He wants a Compadre for his birthday in May. Yeah, he is some kid. His mother died last March of cancer. He still grieves for her.
A little personal perhaps, but there's understanding to it all.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern,
Sorry to hear of your and your grandson's loss...the compadre for his birthday might be just what the doctor ordered and I hope you both spend many happy hours together looking for pirate treasure.

Regards + HH

Bill

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern,
Sorry to hear of your and your grandson's loss...the compadre for his birthday might be just what the doctor ordered and I hope you both spend many happy hours together looking for pirate treasure.

Regards + HH

Bill

Me to here, sorry to hear this Vern hope both of you are coping during this rough time, as Bill mentioned that the Compadre brings you two close together and that it brings your grandson some good fortune as well.

All the best.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
detecting with grandpa...

Vern, there's nothing better than hanging out with your cool grandpa when you're a kid, and it's probably as enjoyable for you to spend time with your grandson. No doubt he'll love using a Compadre. Because he's detecting with gramps, he may hang onto that Compadre forever.
I'm nearly 60 and will always have great memories of being with grandpa. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry, I wish your prediction was true, but not so. I went out this morning from 08:30 to 11:15. Found my first quarter and 3 nickles with the DeLeon. Also, 4 dimes and 15 pennies. All in the same park I hunted in yesterday, and I've only touched the surface. So much more to hunt.

Anyways, I am really pleased. I found the all of the coins on sensi set at 6, and threshold about an 1/8" into the red. Disc set just below foil.
Previously I had the sensitivity set from 8-max. Like bibelot suggested, too high and the DeLeon will look over the quarters and nickles.

All in all, a pretty good morning. Next up some silver coins and gold rings.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, there's nothing better than hanging out with your cool grandpa when you're a kid, and it's probably as enjoyable for you to spend time with your grandson. No doubt he'll love using a Compadre. Because he's detecting with gramps, he may hang onto that Compadre forever.
I'm nearly 60 and will always have great memories of being with grandpa. :icon_sunny:

Thanks pinenut and to all of you for your kind comments. Both of my grandpas died before I could much remember, so I really never had this experience.
However, I sure do enjoy being a grandpa. I have 4 grans, the oldest one is 19. While they are all special, this 6 year old needs more love from all the family.
His daddy, my son, is a great father, but I has had to grieve and be a father, and run a business.

He is here with us now, and wants me to show him the Compadre on the computer. This won't be the first time or the last time.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me to here, sorry to hear this Vern hope both of you are coping during this rough time, as Bill mentioned that the Compadre brings you two close together and that it brings your grandson some good fortune as well.

All the best.

Thanks a lot!!!

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern,

Regards + HH

Bill

Hey Bill, thanks so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread