doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so what gives the Mojave extra depth over a Compadre, Silver uMax are we saying it is deeper or just a combination of the two makes it better..but in what way?? Looking at the 7" coil it is thinner, so...is it because of the coil or the circuitryand is it the same as the Compadre and the Tejon any difference in the circuitry or just slighly better in moderate soil and negative GB making it better? At 12 Khz that of the Compadre at ED-180 what and how does the Mojave gain better is it because of the internal GB or the thinner coil or both. Can someone explain sensitivity once more to me with respect to the coil as well, this is obviously wrapped around differently with respect to verticaly in the coil to make it thinner correct? or is it just less plastic cover?? Is it gaining on sensitivity because of this is what Im suggesting.:dontknow: Better yet put a same 5.75" or 8" on the Mojave and stand it up against the Compadre with All Metal then test it out what are the comparisons?

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did an air test with the Mojave and the 8in Compadre with both disc to just knock out a square nail and the Mojave beat it by about 2 in on coins. Whet the Mojave really shined though is on gold rings. Men's gold rings it hit them out to 10in and woman's thin gold rings out to 6in.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't be repeating this because it's just a rumor. I heard that Tesoro hired a beautiful virgin girl just to sprinkle fairly dust on the circuit board of the Mojave during production. Maybe that's why it works so well.

The only thing that I know for sure is that it works its magic at finding silver coins and it hits nickels super hard. That tells me if I ever get the search coil over a gold ring, it's mine. I didn't get go detecting today and may not get to go tomorrow, but hopefully I'll get some more swing time with the Mojave soon.

I'm super thrilled with this detector. I've bought several new Tesoro detectors and this is the very first time that I actually sent in the warranty card, because I know for 100% sure that it's a keeper. I stated from the get go that the Mojave is going to be a 'classic'.

tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did an air test with the Mojave and the 8in Compadre with both disc to just knock out a square nail and the Mojave beat it by about 2 in on coins. Whet the Mojave really shined though is on gold rings. Men's gold rings it hit them out to 10in and woman's thin gold rings out to 6in.

The Mojave should get at least another inch or so with the 8 inch doughnut search coil attached. :dontknow:

tabman

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't be repeating this because it's just a rumor. I heard that Tesoro hired a beautiful virgin girl just to sprinkle fairly dust on the circuit board of the Mojave during production. Maybe that's why it works so well.

The only thing that I know for sure is that it works its magic at finding silver coins and it hits nickels super hard. That tells me if I ever get the search coil over a gold ring, it's mine. I didn't get go detecting today and may not get to go tomorrow, but hopefully I'll get some more swing time with the Mojave soon.

I'm super thrilled with this detector. I've bought several new Tesoro detectors and this is the very first time that I actually sent in the warranty card, because I know for 100% sure that it's a keeper. I stated from the get go that the Mojave is going to be a 'classic'.

tabman

Ok I am repating this, hey everyone be on the watch for a tiny virgin pixy dust girl out there be sure to watch out for her she is spreading a 'dust' on the Mojave out there no one get high from this dust ok :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions