Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Caught the cable on a piece of bush, messed it up inside the connector I guess, solder joint? I had just bought the coil new from a Tesoro dealer. Got a business card and note back from Rusty.

Well, I am one up on you in the mess up department. ��
Thus morning I discovered a 1/4" cut in the wiring cord. The actual wire is exposed. I am quite sure I cut it with a box cutter when unwrapping it from the plastic bubble wrap.

I know, stupid stupid stupid. I guess I'll eat this one.��

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am one up on you in the mess up department. ��
Thus morning I discovered a 1/4" cut in the wiring cord. The actual wire is exposed. I am quite sure I cut it with a box cutter when unwrapping it from the plastic bubble wrap.

I know, stupid stupid stupid. I guess I'll eat this one.��

Do you have another coil you can use while you send it in?

I called Tesoro, talked to a nice lady. Said I needed some help, I screwed up and broke my coil. She said send it in with a note, no RMA iirc. And the rest is history, won me over.

I've seen too many people already mad and demanding what a company will do before they even call....

Don't do the "jack story"

William Horberg: The Jack Story

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have another coil you can use while you send it in?

I called Tesoro, talked to a nice lady. Said I needed some help, I screwed up and broke my coil. She said send it in with a note, no RMA iirc. And the rest is history, won me over.

I've seen too many people already mad and demanding what a company will do before they even call....

Don't do the "jack story"

William Horberg: The Jack Story

Steve, the bad cable is all on me, my bad. Just poor judgement in unpacking. I am waiting for a return call from Rusty or Allen, as I write this. I am hoping I can just purchase a new cable for the 5.75, and install it myself.

Anyways and meantime, the reports of success by Tabman with the Mojave, has me really considering the Precision 7" coil. That is something I will discuss with Allen or Rusty when one calls me back. I mean, I love my 7" Widescreen, and the stock 8x9 Concentric. But if the Precision 7" is new technology and superior, I gotta have one. Tabman and others have reported huge initial success with the Mojave, so wondering if the coil is a huge reason why.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, the bad cable is all on me, my bad. Just poor judgement in unpacking. I am waiting for a return call from Rusty or Allen, as I write this. I am hoping I can just purchase a new cable for the 5.75, and install it myself.

Anyways and meantime, the reports of success by Tabman with the Mojave, has me really considering the Precision 7" coil. That is something I will discuss with Allen or Rusty when one calls me back. I mean, I love my 7" Widescreen, and the stock 8x9 Concentric. But if the Precision 7" is new technology and superior, I gotta have one. Tabman and others have reported huge initial success with the Mojave, so wondering if the coil is a huge reason why.

Connector probably wouldnt be too bad, but the coil end of the cable is sealed and waterproofed as I understand it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread