doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are the three VLF Tesoro detectors that were produced hit the hardest on small gold. Here are my predictions.

1.Lobo Super TRAC 10" elliptical
2.Vaquero wide scan 5.75"
3.Compadre (not sure on the Mojave may come in 3rd with ground sensitivity and high and low switch and the 7" or 5.75" )

But what about the others out there the Golden uMax why was it called the Golden was it replaced the Golden Sabre, most from my list what I have read on posts by quit a few as the top of the 3. Any thought that where the Tejon may come in or even some of the older models they produced??

Thanks.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diablo µMax would be second, imo.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe the Tejon would beat out the Compadre and/or the Mojave, the Golden uMax as well on small thin fine jewelry but for price for just talking about this other then what else the machine can do,and sorry for breaking it down this way but think the Tejon would win!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been talking about fine small gold jewelry recently, reason is gold prices are high and for what people can afford to loose 'these days' would be small not large finds from what has been found in the past to what we are going to find present and future. So if I am hoping to find some gold large or small but I want a machine not overly priced that can do this, I know I have one already just want to here what others have to say from the Tesoro line ups, not seeing much response to the thread...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best? Probably the Outlaw with a 4" concentric coil if you are looking for SMALL gold jewelry in parks and on sports fields.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best? Probably the Outlaw with a 4" concentric coil if you are looking for SMALL gold jewelry in parks and on sports fields.

Terry, you got a stash of Outlaws you're hoarding? Seems the Outlaw is the best at everything anyone asks about, silver, gold, deepest, etc....lol

:occasion14:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outlaw is a great all-around Tesoro. It's hard to pick a favorite Tesoro though, as they're all winners. My picks for small gold would be ED180 Tesoros with a small coil, preferably ones with a fully adjustable ground balance. Tejon and Eldorado both come to mind and if they can see bb's and staples (they can) several inches into a sandbox, they'll spot small gold just as well.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smaller coil 4" or the 5.75", or the 7" would be good I imagine nothing higher then an elliptical the smaller the better I imagine...on most Tesoro's and thanks for posting this guys.

Rob in (ca)

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest, all of Tesoro's VLF Detectors will find Jewelry, Dig all Targets above Iron to the zinc zone, hunt in area's where's there's lost Jewelry to be found.

Now If i only had one Tesoro to choose for Coin & Jewelry, it would be the Outlaw . Now i have not tried the new Mojave, so I can't comment on that one, but looking at the spec's it should do well.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller coil 4" or the 5.75", or the 7" would be good I imagine nothing higher then an elliptical the smaller the better I imagine...on most Tesoro's and thanks for posting this guys.

Can you put a list together of Tesoros in relation to relative depth? I know there will be debates, but at the same price, how is the Mojave vs Silver uMax? Or how bad/good in depth are the older Tesoros, a deal may show up sometime, but I wouldn't know if it would even be better than a Compadre or whatever....

Multitones would be attractive...

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you put a list together of Tesoros in relation to relative depth? I know there will be debates, but at the same price, how is the Mojave vs Silver uMax? Or how bad/good in depth are the older Tesoros, a deal may show up sometime, but I wouldn't know if it would even be better than a Compadre or whatever....

From what I've read and after speaking with Rusty, the Mojave is the best buy between the 2. All the best of the compadre and silver with added ground switch in case you run into bad soil that would have both the compadre and silver screaming.

The compadre is still the budget king. But I would have to vote for the Mojave over the silver.
Mine arrives Saturday

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Here is all I can find but would like something like the first pic vs the 2nd pic over the competitors as well though including most Tesoros I found some images on Google by John Hampshire the author. The third chart would be nice to add all the Tesoro's relative to price there is an empty column one can add to this and start there own from this one if they like, as I see some people out there with multiple Tesoro's they can build on this and please share with the rest :)

Tesoro depth Chart.jpeg AustrianDetectorComparison2h.jpg addon.jpg addon (1).jpg All Targets in AM GND in Mineralized Soil.jpg All Targets in DISC GND first 108 detectors1.jpg

More of the comparisons can be found here.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,94107,94126

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one chart is great with the green bar graphs. If course I must say my Silver umax I gave does not beat or equal the Tejon, Cibola, or Vaquero.

My hair hurts looking at the dankowski charts.

When I get home this evening I'll see if I can find the author of the green bar charts. Ive been looking at older Tesoros, the manuals do help, I guess the bids used ones get on ebay tells you how good the are.

Hey, this would make a great sticky!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That one chart is great with the green bar graphs. If course I must say my Silver umax I gave does not beat or equal the Tejon, Cibola, or Vaquero.

My hair hurts looking at the dankowski charts.

When I get home this evening I'll see if I can find the author of the green bar charts. Ive been looking at older Tesoros, the manuals do help, I guess the bids used ones get on ebay tells you how good the are.

Hey, this would make a great sticky!

Yeah I was looking at some of those numbes on the green bar chart and I was thinking there would be some debate over the depth in the comparisons not to mention the coils one would use I could see some going higher then that and imagine these are not considering any Super tuning and would like if it were in All Metal Mode, doesn't say and look at line 130 which wide scan size are they talking about as I would imaine if it were the RSD 11x8 put up agianst the Vaquero Web Coil, wouldn't you think it would beat it??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread