Mojave test bed report

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I finally got my Mojave today and after putting it together I headed out to my test garden. I have a Clad dime @ 4" a Clad dime@ 6" a silver dime @ 8" a Clad Quarter @ 10" and a silver Quarter @ 12". The Mojave picked up the 4" and the 6" dime it missed the 8" silver dime, but rang out clear on the 10" quarter, it missed the 12" Quarter. I was very Impressed to only machine I own that will hit all of those targets is my Vaquero when super tuned and with a Negative GB. Really like the small coil it will be a great Tot Lot machine. :headbang:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the report! The Mojave is even hotter on nickels and gold rings than it is on dimes. I'm getting around 7 inches on a dime in my soil.

tabman

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ebay seller has two new Mojaves listed

Hurry!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An ebay seller has two new Mojaves listed

Hurry!

They won't be there when the Sun comes up in the morning. It's on fire with people looking at them. Hesitate and you'll lose out.

tabman

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They won't be there when the Sun comes up in the morning. It's on fire with people looking at them. Hesitate and you'll lose out.

tabman

Agreed, I hear you old buddy. I need to unload some detectors. I got carried away Christmas and found a used Vaquero to go with my new Vaquero.

I wouldnt mind swapping my Silver uMax for the Mojave but I'm afraid I wouldn't gain much. Lately most of my time detecting is with my big and little Compadres in, near creeks, kid's hangouts.

One sold, one left......3..2..1.....

Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro had better get busy making more Mojave detectors. There is going to a run on them once word gets out how well they work and how much fun they are to use. I think the Mojave is going to be more poplar than the Compadre, Silver Sabre, Troy Shadow and Silver µMax. Nothing can touch it in its price range! I love that little Injun!

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just get a Cibola! :occasion14:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed, I hear you old buddy. I need to unload some detectors. I got carried away Christmas and found a used Vaquero to go with my new Vaquero.

I wouldnt mind swapping my Silver uMax for the Mojave but I'm afraid I wouldn't gain much. Lately most of my time detecting is with my big and little Compadres in, near creeks, kid's hangouts.

One sold, one left......3..2..1.....

ALL SOLD! Those Mojave detectors didn't last long!

tabman

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still 2 on Amazon from Texas premium detectors.
They had 3 yesterday when I bought mine which now down to two.
Surprised they lasted that long....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread