Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very new (60 days) to metal detecting, but I have been around for 70 years, long enough to recognize great customer service. This company called Tesoro is really impressing me. I have talked with them several times already, and Allen or Rusty never ever rush me off the phone, and always answer all of my questions. Which have been many.

Today I talked with Allen about my 5.75 concentric coil, that I took delivery on Feb. 3rd. It has never worked properly, and this morning I figured out why. There is a cut in the cable very near the coil, with the wire exposed. I figure I cut it when removing the bubble wrap with a box cutter. My bad all the way.

Since this is not a manufacture's defect, I don't expect Tesoro to absorb a loss and just send me a new one. But Allen just casually told me to send the coil back to his attention and let him see what they could do for me. Well, that is just about as good as I can expect. His attitude about the whole matter is what impresses me.

Doing business with a company that you can actually talk to real people, and people who talk with you as if you are their friend, just presents a very positive picture of owning a Tesoro. And their life time warranty.

I am very glad that I purchased a Tesoro metal detector.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, I was wondering why you didn't like that 5.75...! It's still my favorite coil, but I'm liking the new 7" too.. :tongue3:

I'm sure the Tesoro folks will take good care of you and you'll probably love that coil when you get it back.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, I was wondering why you didn't like that 5.75...! It's still my favorite coil, but I'm liking the new 7" too.. :tongue3:

I'm sure the Tesoro folks will take good care of you and you'll probably love that coil when you get it back.

I don't think Vern was unhappy with the coil.. I think it was the fact that he accidentally cut the coil wire and it was not working properly. It appears that Tesoro will be doing their best to help him with the unfortunate accident. I'm sure he will be quite pleased when his unit is working properly... Tesoro is top of the line. No question about that.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely said their Danny boy.:occasion14:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think Vern was unhappy with the coil.. I think it was the fact that he accidentally cut the coil wire and it was not working properly. It appears that Tesoro will be doing their best to help him with the unfortunate accident. I'm sure he will be quite pleased when his unit is working properly... Tesoro is top of the line. No question about that.

Actually, the first time I installed the coil, all it would do is buzz buzz buzz. So later on that day, I tried again, and it worked as I expected, just very very quiet. But I did find several modern coins. The next day, without doing anything to it, took it back out and once again buzz buzz buzz, numbers jumping everywhere. Try as I might, never worked again. So I just took it off and set it aside, thinking I'd return it in a couple of days as defective.

A few days later while giving it another go, that's when I noticed the cut. I knew instantly that "I did that!"

So, I am sending it back today. Hopefully I'll have it back, at what cost I don't know, within the next couple of weeks. I look forward to trying it in the oldest part of a city park, where pull tabs and bottle caps reign.

Here is some news. Allen, at Tesoro, told me that all the 7" Precision coins, that are stock on the Mojave, are currently being designated only to the new Mojave sales. He did say this coil would be a great coil for the DeLeon too. Better than the 7" Widescreen or 8.9"? Perhaps yes, perhaps not. The user and the ground you are metal detecting, has more to do with that than which coil is better. Good honest answer.

If you are metal detecting a 30 year old youth ball field, then modern coils will be the treasure. But if you are searching the front yard of a home built in 1905, then you have a chance at some silver and who knows what else. All of these coils are capable of finding all. Know your machine.

Learning on the fly.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro has great customer service!

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A family business, run with family values. :icon_thumright:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vern, you're in Ga, just like here your soil is rusting. The DD Widescan coils are going to slice through it better than the concentrics.

DD coiks have a larger field pattern though, you can pinpoint better with a concentric imho.

Try some searches, plenty of reading on DD vs concentric. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Garrett's Searchcoil Tech Sheet | How Searchcoils Work

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, you're in Ga, just like here your soil is rusting. The DD Widescan coils are going to slice through it better than the concentrics.

DD coiks have a larger field pattern though, you can pinpoint better with a concentric imho.

Try some searches, plenty of reading on DD vs concentric. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Garrett's Searchcoil Tech Sheet | How Searchcoils Work

Steve, thank you for the links. Will make for some good reading.

Bibelot turned me on to the merits of the 7" widescreen for my DeLeon. It has quickly become my favorite coil, over the stock 8.9 concentric. I agree with you, the concentric coil is easier to pin point, but the widescreen is not slack in that area either. Pretty well on the money with both. My main reason for liking the 7" widescreen more is because it just feels right. Bibelot also stated this in a previous post. It just seems like the machine is just more balanced and lighter. Like you could go all day. I like that.

But I can see the need to have a 5.75 coil, to get closer to fences and playground equipment.

Steve, I just read the two links you gave me. Great information, information I didn't know about coils. Thanks a lot Steve.

Last edited:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I am very new (60 days) to metal detecting, but I have been around for 70 years, long enough to recognize great customer service. This company called Tesoro is really impressing me. I have talked with them several times already, and Allen or Rusty never ever rush me off the phone, and always answer all of my questions. Which have been many.

Today I talked with Allen about my 5.75 concentric coil, that I took delivery on Feb. 3rd. It has never worked properly, and this morning I figured out why. There is a cut in the cable very near the coil, with the wire exposed. I figure I cut it when removing the bubble wrap with a box cutter. My bad all the way.

Since this is not a manufacture's defect, I don't expect Tesoro to absorb a loss and just send me a new one. But Allen just casually told me to send the coil back to his attention and let him see what they could do for me. Well, that is just about as good as I can expect. His attitude about the whole matter is what impresses me.

Doing business with a company that you can actually talk to real people, and people who talk with you as if you are their friend, just presents a very positive picture of owning a Tesoro. And their life time warranty.

I am very glad that I purchased a Tesoro metal detector.

This why I just won't look at another brand. I like the analog format for one, and I know other manufacturers produce such machines, but few if any that I know of are USA companies, and of those, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has the service and lifetime warranty to match Tesoro...

And THAT is why I will wait for this new machine called the Cazador, because it will be a Tesoro, and maybe I won't even wait and buy this Majave instead. Either way, I know I am getting a great deal... because it's a Tesoro.

Thanks for posting Vern2, great testimony!

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This why I just won't look at another brand. I like the analog format for one, and I know other manufacturers produce such machines, but few if any that I know of are USA companies, and of those, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has the service and lifetime warranty to match Tesoro...

And THAT is why I will wait for this new machine called the Cazador, because it will be a Tesoro, and maybe I won't even wait and buy this Majave instead. Either way, I know I am getting a great deal... because it's a Tesoro.

Thanks for posting Vern2, great testimony!

Reinforcement is wonderful. Especially the truth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread