Crazy for mojave!!

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard Richard at Backwoods still had 1 left, better snag it now. Join the fun you know you want to... sorry, it's gone you lose.

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard Richard at Backwoods still had 1 left, better snag it now. Join the fun you know you want to... sorry, it's gone you lose.

Why get a Mojave?

As a first detector or upgrade fine, but if you have a lot of other Tesoro models aren't you wasting your money?

I'll wait for some tests and comparisons.

Paying $250 for a detector that picks up a nickel at 7" doesn't impress me.

Dixie Metal Detectors you can add a Mojave to your cart fwiw...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now now, let the beep and dig guys have some fun, it's been a long time since that had something new to rave about.

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I've had mine for about one week and you would have to fight me to take it away from me. Awesome little detector and it fills a niche In my stable. I taken it out about three times in area's I've hit hard and it did very well. It will be my Tot-Lot and trashy area go to.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why get a Mojave? All I can say is, if your looking for an solid detector that hunt extremely well I heavy trash that you don't have to mess with a GB to make it run smooth no matter that ground conditions the Mojave can't be beat, period. I have some of the worst hunting soil condition you can think of where alkali patches can change your GB constantly. I can take the Vaq, atejon, Bandido2 micromax and have the GB dialed in, walk 10 ft and have it all over the place. The Mojave runs smooth as silk with switch high high with very little loss of depth ad far as I can tell. This detector became my primary site location machine. The ed180 disc allows me to scout for early habitation because the disc will allow me to go down into the iron nail range unlike the ed120 without going all metal. This mineral switch gave me a machine to through on the back of my atv and be able to grab and go to scout fir nail infested sites with extreme ease. I wuote, if you have harsh soil, this machine is dynamite and will not regret getting one for the money.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just heard that there's going be around a 60 day lull in the production of future Mojave detectors. Something about the second batch of upper rods made by a vendor didn't past muster with Tesoro, so they're going to have to be remade. I'm super glad that I got mine when I did.

There are a few still out there to be had, but after that buyers will have to be put on a waiting list. I know where a few can be had.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol just read my last post and with all the auto correcting it made me sound drunk. Typing to fast I guess.lol

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I just heard that there's going be around a 60 day lull in the production of future Mojave detectors. Something about the second batch of upper rods made by a vendor didn't past muster with Tesoro, so they're going to have to be remade. I'm super glad that I got mine when I did.

There are a few still out there to be had, but after that buyers will have to be put on a waiting list. I know where a few can be had.

tabman

Darn... I hope this does not hold up the release of the Cazador next month.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was looking to get into the hobby or wanted something simple to use. I would certainly pick one up. For the price it seems to perform pretty good. I also like the fact that it only uses a single 9v battery. If my kids were into metal detecting as much as I am, I'd buy three right now. I kind of want one myself since Tabman has been such a great salesman ;) but I know I don't need it.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I was looking to get into the hobby or wanted something simple to use. I would certainly pick one up. For the price it seems to perform pretty good. I also like the fact that it only uses a single 9v battery. If my kids were into metal detecting as much as I am, I'd buy three right now. I kind of want one myself since Tabman has been such a great salesman ;) but I know I don't need it.

I honestly don't see how you can sleep another night without getting a Mojave. LOL They're practically giving the Mojave away and with one or two good finds, it pays for itself. The fun that you will be having with the Mojave is priceless. LOL

tabman

Darn... I hope this does not hold up the release of the Cazador next month.
I'm willing to bet that there will never be a Tesoro named Cazador. I have high hopes for a Tesoro detector that's deep, fast and that has an adjustable tone break. Maybe call it the Apache or Renegade. I never did like the name Cazador.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a dream last night that another new Tesoro detector is called the Tesoro Marmota and came out of the ground and saw it's shadow..

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazon still has 2.
Texas premium detectors is an authorized dealer and that's who's selling them. Fulfilled by Amazon.
Free prime 2 day shipping for those with prime.
Free standard shipping for those who don't.
Actually surprised those two made it the whole day lol

Last edited:

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River team six had some for sale.
Think he had four left this afternoon when I ordered mine.

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I honestly don't see how you can sleep another night without getting a Mojave. LOL They're practically giving the Mojave away and with one or two good finds, it pays for itself. The fun that you will be having with the Mojave is priceless. LOL

tabman

I'm willing to bet that there will never be a Tesoro named Cazador. I have high hopes for a Tesoro detector that's deep, fast and that has an adjustable tone break. Maybe call it the Apache or Renegade. I never did like the name Cazador.

tabman

Tabman, as long as it is deep, fast and has that adjustable tone break, I don't care what they call it. Many of us join you in those high hopes.

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm. Do I really need another Tesoro to add to the stable?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On tabman advice, I order a Mojave, and it will be ship this Tuesday, and hope to receive it by Friday. Good hunting and good luck.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman is a great salesman. He also does a good product review.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm. Do I really need another Tesoro to add to the stable?

Short answer yes.
I can't substantiate that right now but yes.
Your corral of detectors looks like mine and I got one....
So if you ask me, yes lol
Like the compadre, it seems to function great and for those evenings I've had one or six too many.... It's nice to turn on and go. Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread