OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've been doing some OT and this is the first warm week so I hope to get out there this weekend to knock the dust off so......

Just placed my order for my new killer B wasps!!!!!
Yay!!! Really excited!!

Gonna have to "suffer" through my first hunts without the crisp tones of the killer B's. But I'm so d@mn excited to get out I don't care lol
Supposed to arrive on Monday but that's the estimate on eBay and they haven't shipped yet, so I don't know

jgdeavers

Greenie
Jan 3, 2017
Gloucester VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMAx
Tesoro Outlaw (3 coil pack)
MarsMD Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've just been back at this since Jan this year. My opinions aren't exactly time tested, so you have been warned☺

Started with the Whites Prostars to go with my silver uMax. They sound great, smooth, full tones, fit my noggin very comfortably. I was plenty happy until curiosity overcame me.

Enter the Killer-B headset...
The comfort is there, however the tone...wow! To my ears ( musician, firearms, machinery) they are very crisp, clear, ALIVE !

Happy with both ( each has lifetime warranty) and now with three of us in house digging, certainly another brand is in the future to try out.

Jamie

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Final now this is what I have been waiting for. Thanks jgdeavers! I have settled down two these two choices myself but all I could get out here are the Sunray Gold though some are saying they are practicly the same thing as the Killer B's is this correct or I could go with the Whites. My third options Detector Pro Ghost's NDT that I could go with and later if l like pick up the Deteknix wireless R/X pair later on?

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunray gold pro are the exact same made by same guy besides some small differences. Looks like killer B's have a leather wrap other top covering the padding for the top of your head where the surays don't. And the killer B's have locking toggles where the sunray have regular non-locking ones with rubber boots on them.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Stoof...

I have two different disciplines...
I really like police scanner (single)in ear buds . A hollow ,coiled very flexible tube down to a "driver" with two included and fixed clothing clips. The tube drops over then behind the ear and the first clip affixed to my collar. I like 6' coiled leads made with Kevlar innards,terminated with a good strain relieved 1/8" mono tipped plug.
My option with cold wind is any of my cheap stereo headphones.....with a twist. I built a small junction "box" adaptor with a 1/4" plugged input lead , an 1/8th input jack and a 1/4" stereo output jack for the"cans". A microswitch let's me switch let's me listen to my favorite tunes/weather/GMRS (1/8"jack input) with one can or toggle for both cans in mono while sweeping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. No idea where to get those, but very cool sounding plugs. Like secret service!! Haha

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sunray gold pro are the exact same made by same guy besides some small differences. Looks like killer B's have a leather wrap other top covering the padding for the top of your head where the surays don't. And the killer B's have locking toggles where the sunray have regular non-locking ones with rubber boots on them.

DSC02754.JPG

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sunray-gold-headphones.jpg
This is the newest version I guess.
Shows what looks like cover on one pic but not on another it has foam with ridges.
I dunno

Last edited:

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are two different sunray pro gold headphone models. Mine are red knob model, you posted the yellow and black knob model.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about a wireless setup for a DeLeon? Any recommendations?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, thanks for explining the minor differences here, much appreceiated by both.

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two different sunray pro gold headphone models. Mine are red knob model, you posted the yellow and black knob model.

That makes sense and thanks lol. I was stumped.
What's the difference between them besides colors knobs and stuff? As far as features?

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a wireless setup for a DeLeon? Any recommendations?

Well I'm looking at the Garrett z-lynk. No delay(17 milliseconds) and 30 hours runtime on a charge. Battery light blinks when you're down to 4-5 hours left.
The deteknix only run for like 8 total.
I'm seriously considering it though. Comes with an elastic for mounting on the detector so easily changed between detectors, accepts 1/4 plus headphones. Receiver is water resistant to light rain and transmitter on detector will resist heavy rain.
For performance they seem like the best. $20ish more than the deteknix ones but more than 3x the battery life.
Also auto jumps frequency in case there's interference around.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok here is my idea to any electrical engineers out there

headphone that let you listen to music ( radio or mp3) until you hit a target
get on it dudes

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the site the red knob ones are for the ctx3030. Not sure what makes them different but that's what they are designed to match I guess I dunno. Says the mode switch is 3 position where the gold is 2 and the third position allows it to work with the CTX 3030

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Stephan.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
In 40 years give or take i never used head phones except on water detectors . But then i had to with a water detector .Otherwise i never had any use for head phones and just think they are a waste of money.. But that is my thoughts only i know others love them.

OP
OP
Stoof2010

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my wasps in the mail!!!
Wow they sound a whole lot different than anything I've tried!!!
The tone is so crisp!!!! I can see how it would be easier to learn the nuances of the Tesoro tone with these. I might have to relearn some stuff!!!
That speaker makes the tone sound very low. Not in these babies!!!

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my wasps in the mail!!!
Wow they sound a whole lot different than anything I've tried!!!
The tone is so crisp!!!! I can see how it would be easier to learn the nuances of the Tesoro tone with these. I might have to relearn some stuff!!!
That speaker makes the tone sound very low. Not in these babies!!!

I'm really liking mine.
It is worlds apart from the speaker,
And the old headphones I used before.
They seem to do a lot better on the faint/deep targets.
Enjoy

Noah

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dream headset would be single cup killer b's with a Garrett AT plug. I couldn't find any so I settled for Rattlers. They're nice but very tight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions