luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would not be a serious consideration as a gold hunter in my opinion. Good for jewelry in parks etc., but not prospecting. True gold machines run at higher frequencies, have fully adjustable or auto ground tracking, and enough sensitivity to drive one nuts in trashy parks, yards, etc.
luvsdux

OP
OP
W

westyjeff

Feb 27, 2017
Everett, WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply, the more I read I am coming to that conclusion as well.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well big difference in cost.
But hunting raw gold seems to go for lobo supertrac. That thing is built for exactly that. Gold nugget hunting.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly pick up a used Lobo if you need for just that.

tucando

Greenie
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
Detector(s) used
White's VISION/ MXT Pro- GPZ 7000/3500 & BFO'S- GM3-Compass 77 AUTO
In a Pinch! Yes the Mojave can find small gold nuggets that are close to the surface if you are at zero discrimination. Tested already at gold Basin area and few hot rocks and using the smaller coil such as the 5,75 and 4 inch it will zing on small sub surface gold. The power of the Mojave is surprising and quite capable, the larger the nuggets the better. It's not a Lobo, but in a pinch it will work very well in the dry washer dirt piles.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In a Pinch! Yes the Mojave can find small gold nuggets that are close to the surface if you are at zero discrimination. Tested already at gold Basin area and few hot rocks and using the smaller coil such as the 5,75 and 4 inch it will zing on small sub surface gold. The power of the Mojave is surprising and quite capable, the larger the nuggets the better. It's not a Lobo, but in a pinch it will work very well in the dry washer dirt piles.

I appreciate your zeal for the Mojave Tucando, but "in a pinch," is probably an overstatement. By "small" gold nuggets, I have to believe you mean 3+ grams, less than 4.7" deep. Not a whole lot of those left at Gold Basin, and a Garrett Ace 150 will do the same thing. Operating at 12kHz, the Mojave is a superior COIN and JEWELRY machine - period.

A Vaquero will "do in a pinch" hunting gold nuggets and meteorites in Gold Basin, but I'll stick with my Lobo Super Traq for gold nuggetshooting.:skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread