doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone explain what type of coil this is? I have never heard of this before.

Choosing A Metal Detector Search Coil | MetalDetector.com

Sorry for posting this link but no other way to show you what I mean unless I share, and if you can point me in the direction where on Tesoro where to locate this.

So if the Sand Shark pi detector is hardwired is the Printed Spiral only pertaining to this unit? Is the Tiger Shark a VLF detector and looks like interchangeable coils offered for this unit mentioned on the manual but their site says coils are hardwired maybe now they are so likely a change was done by Tesoro on the Tiger Shard then?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My understanding is that they both used to have interchangeable coils which is why the manual says that and also why there are any 10.5 coils out there to find anymore. But they are now hardwired.

And my understanding of printed spiral are coils that have windings for different frequencies. Maybe multiple coils in one coil. Each for different frequencies.
In the PI sense I'm not sure. I don't know how PI detectors work other than pulses of signal.
Lol.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A PI mono coil is usually made with a coil of wire, maybe 25-30 turns for a typical 10" coil. Tesoro instead makes the Sandshark coils using the traces of a PCB laid out in a spiral. It's just a different way of making the coil itself, has nothing to do with whether there is a connector, and nothing to do with frequencies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread