All Treasure Hunting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just looked at all of my µMax detectors. They are all like that.

tabman

OP
OP
S

Shot1

Jun 19, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AtPro , Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that for ventilation. I wonder if it would hurt to silicone the gap to keep the crud out.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep a ziplock sandwich bag over the housing if I'm at a particularly dirty or muddy spot.
I split the seams an inch or so and make a diagonal cut on the end toward handle.
Zipper keeps it snug under the rod and you can move knobs through the plastic no problem.

Noah

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Just buy a canvas micromax housing cover... this way the housing stay clean and free of dirt/dust/rain drops, and the circuitry stays ventilated.

Problem solved.

OP
OP
S

Shot1

Jun 19, 2015
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AtPro , Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem Solved. As you can see quite a bit of dust and small particles are there where the gap use to be. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490007328.555796.jpg

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think one should have to go to these measures with the seam it should be a rubber casing around the housing right? Second I thought you mentioned the bottom of the Tesoro where the shaft connects to the Case itself I thought you meant the hole on the shaft to the box is exposed. I had this on my old Whites unit..I had too double check my Vaquero out here...heew you had me there, so what you can do is get some computer air and blow this off when you get home no need for a bag or case even on slightly rainy or muddy days buy a cover for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread