pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
- 4 wheaties and a small silver bracelet, an interesting earring (probably junk) and the usual clad. Nice to see a few wheaties again; I haven't dug many lately. Trying a different spot today and as usual, the Mojave was working great! So much trash there though, I got fed up running disc low, and turned up to the tab/zinc line. I'll go back and try again for a while with disc down low.

IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG

Wheaties are 1920's and '40s, so I'm hopeful for those silver coins next trip... :sunny:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunting! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks!

You never know what may be out there... Wish I could run disc low and gather the old nickels too, but I'd be diggin' damned .22 shells forever. They sound like a deep dime with disc low enough for nickels.
Only got a small area hunted there today and it's supposed to be covered by snow again tonight.
I'll go back and find some interesting stuff next week. Happy to find a few wheaties today. :tongue3:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
So pinenut, I was wondering how well the Mojave holds its depth at that higher disc setting? Did you you notice much difference?

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good going Pinenut. Appears you and your Mojave are in a relationship.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going! Keep that Injun's discrimination set low and find the gold. Big Congrats!

tabman

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not much difference...

So pinenut, I was wondering how well the Mojave holds its depth at that higher disc setting? Did you you notice much difference?

I didn't notice it losing much depth between having disc set at the tab/zinc line, vs at the foil/nickel, where I started off. The deepest of those wheat cents was dug at about 6", and with the disc set high. The little silver chain bracelet was about 4" down and gave a strong response, also with disc high. Goofy earring, just under the surface. There were pulltabs, bottlecaps, bullet shells and melted aluminum all over, right where I found the wheats and silver. No doubt, there's more out there, but I'll have to dig the trash to find it. I'll go through that spot where the wheats came up, with the Bandido and 5.75 coil. Maybe it'll find something interesting.
So much ground to cover. Thought I'd pick some easier targets first, before cleaning out all the trash. Once the trash is cleared, maybe I'll use the Vaquero or modded Cibola to see what's deeper.
Not the same place I found the two Barbers, BTW. Still need to go back to that place and spend the day.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slightly off topic, I'm not sure if it was you or someone else...running a 5.75 coil on the Mojave. I've looked on eBay and there seems to be a couple versions. I'm not up to speed on Tesoro accesories yet. Which 5.75 is recommend for it?

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mojave comes with a 7"...

Slightly off topic, I'm not sure if it was you or someone else...running a 5.75 coil on the Mojave. I've looked on eBay and there seems to be a couple versions. I'm not up to speed on Tesoro accesories yet. Which 5.75 is recommend for it?

I know that Monte has played with the 5.75" on his Mojave; think he swapped the 7" from Mojave onto his Bandido II μMAX, and likes that combo on each detector.

As far as I know, Mojave is only available from Tesoro with the 7" coil, but since the 7" is new and hard to get, some ebay sellers may be removing them and selling the Mojave with a 5.75".

The only 5.75" that works with Mojave, which uses the "5-pin" coils, is a concentric coil (and is excellent).

The 5.75" "Widescan" is a DD that's only available in the "4-pin", so it doesn't fit Mojave.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice approach Pinenut and great hunt.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to do the same high disc today at an old camping area. Still picked out some goodies.
Those killerB headphones are awesome by the way. Thanks for the recommendation!

Noah

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys are making me want a Mojave even though I'm detector poor.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread