TS coil wire

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Anyone had problems with the TS coil wire? Mine started beeping non-stop and when I wiggled the coil wire by the control box it quit squeewking and working at all. Now my replacement is doing the same thing, when I wiggle the wire (by the box) it sqweeks and sqwacks like crazy! I bought the second coil because I thought I had damaged the original transporting it around, I have been very careful with the replacement but it has gone belly up after a month. I am going to send them both back to Tesoro, I know they are great about service and see what they say. Maybe a design flaw?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since both coils are having issues I think it's the plug on the control head.

I supect the same thing. The plug must be tight and I always add some silicone grease to the threads to keep out any water. This is one reason some other water detectors are hardwired, but then you can never change coils yourself.

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same symptoms, different end. Mine carries on when ever I bump the coil or just wiggle it back and forth. It only does it when Im in the water, BTW.

At home, on the bench or in the yard, it behaves nicely. In the water it is a sensitive brute, beeping and squawking at every bump and scrape.

Tesoro sent it back with a clean bill of health - it still does it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread