pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out for a couple hours in the forest with my favorite Bandido II micromax today..
Aside from the nearly constant 40 mph wind, I had a great time. Found two silver Rosies, three wheaties, a cool U.S. marked pocket knife, an interesting "Paula Says" Forest Service key fob (need to look this up!), couple of keys, a smashed booze (?) flask, TootsieToy car, and plenty of assorted junk.

IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_0592.JPG
IMG_0591.JPG

Good spot; need to go back there. :sunny:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!!
And let us know what that token means. Almost looks like a girl scout thing.
Definitely curious!!!

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, I don't see nothing online on that token.

I don't have a Bandido, but right now this ElDorado umax is my favorite. Why companies don't make something better instead of just throwing out something new escapes me. Obviously "better" is the operative word.

Tesoro's earlier lineup of Bandido and ElDorado puts the Vaquero and Outlaw to shame imho.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, I don't see nothing online on that token.

I don't have a Bandido, but right now this ElDorado umax is my favorite. Why companies don't make something better instead of just throwing out something new escapes me. Obviously "better" is the operative word.

Tesoro's earlier lineup of Bandido and ElDorado puts the Vaquero and Outlaw to shame imho.

That token-like thing is actually a key chain fob, but the chain was rusted away. I think the part I found is brass. Just need a new chain for it. Definitely Forest Service (her hat has their logo), but I haven't found any info on it yet. Found out the knife is Camilus, likely US Army or Marine issue.

While I still like Vaquero and Outlaw, I also think the older machine are nicer to use. My newer ones are a bit deeper running in good soil, but they lack the nicer target response, sound, and overall "feel" of the older Tesoros. That Bandido makes it easiest (for me) to pick coins out of trash. Mojave was a step in the right direction; it does seem to be an improved Compadre.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinenut, congratulations on mighty fine hunt. Yes indeed.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The U.S. pocket knife is an issued Demolitions knife. Primarily used by combat engineers and other troops that are trained in demolitions. Some units will issue them to the troops to put in survival kits.

nevets2968

Greenie
Feb 10, 2017
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pro Pointer AT (well soon I'll have one.) Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 w/ a diggit hori knife, oh and a Lesche Sampson T handled shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a similar knife yrs ago at a garage sale. :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread