XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, i love my Tesoro's but if i compare prices here in Europe (in my case Belgium) between one of the top dogs for the moment, the XP Deus (same story for Minelab etc) and the top line of Tesore (Lobo Super Traq-Tejon,...) there is only a price difference of 30% more for a fully equipped XP Deus. The price for a Deus is in Europe almost the same as in the USA but a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq cost here 1088 Dollar with only 2 year warranty. I bought all my Tesoro's second hand for a good price but if i had to spend so much money for a new one , i probably also went for a Deus or other top dog. I see that that the Lobo cost half the price of a XP Deus in the USA, big difference.
Also only half of the dealers i know sell Tesoro here in Belgium and the Netherlands.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand your problem, but you can blame your government for the high tariff they place on imported American products. PS - Why would you want a Lobo Super Traq in Belgium? Are there gold nuggets, placer gold in Belgium? :occasion14:

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your problem, but you can blame your government for the high tariff they place on imported American products. PS - Why would you want a Lobo Super Traq in Belgium? Are there gold nuggets, placer gold in Belgium? :occasion14:

No Terry we don't have gold nuggets here in Belgium but i found the past 6 months 6 golden rings and 1 golden earing with the Lobo. One of these golden rings was a 18K 10 gr ring with 3 big diamonds that was 6 inches in the ground. The place where i found this ring, is my testgarden where i play with the settings of all my detectors because there is so much trash in the ground. I'ts only a small piece of land where i already was before with Garrett, Fisher and Teknetics with normal and sniper coils and non of these detectors found this ring. I must passed the spot for sure so that makes me believe that i made the right choice to keep the Lobo als my nr.1 detector. The Lobo also hits hard on euro coins due to the metal composition of these coins. A lot of detectors have problems detecting the 1 and 2 euro coins. Sometimes i come in places where you know that it is hit hard before by others detectors but the Lobo always manages to find a lot of 1 and 2 euro coins that the other detectors have problem detecting. The old copper and silver coins are also no problem for the Lobo. The Lobo has more problems detecting the older Belgian coins(20-30 years old)the ones who were valid here in Belgium before the euro started.

Last edited:

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish we taxed imported goods as high as the rest of the world does.
We wouldn't be swimming in Chinese garbage and there would still be more American made items.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong, i love my Tesoro's but if i compare prices here in Europe (in my case Belgium) between one of the top dogs for the moment, the XP Deus (same story for Minelab etc) and the top line of Tesore (Lobo Super Traq-Tejon,...) there is only a price difference of 30% more for a fully equipped XP Deus. The price for a Deus is in Europe almost the same as in the USA but a Tesoro Lobo Super Traq cost here 1088 Dollar with only 2 year warranty. I bought all my Tesoro's second hand for a good price but if i had to spend so much money for a new one , i probably also went for a Deus or other top dog. I see that that the Lobo cost half the price of a XP Deus in the USA, big difference.
Also only half of the dealers i know sell Tesoro here in Belgium and the Netherlands.

You are aware that European Tesoros are the Laser line from Pentechnic?
Just asking....

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you're right. The UK is the only country in Europe where Tesoro is sold under the brand name Laser. The rest of Europe sells Tesoro under his own name.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks

I assumed Laser was practically everything outside US.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would dearly love to be the agent for Tesoro here in Africa. Everything about them seems posotive. I have used one with a Canadian family friend. However they will not reply to emails or even direct me to the best place to purchase a Tesoro unit from that ships internationally. I understand it may just be too hard to honour a lifetime warranty.Market share here would also be very limited. I have lived all over the world and started with Minelab back in the 90s.Im an Australian citizen and not some shady west African fly by night type. Oh well.
Weight is a big issue for me so I love super light detectors. Anyway, our CEO often travels to the states so I will ask him to bring something back for me.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread