pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey folks, I'll be getting myself a Sand Shark for the wet surf areas, but plan on trying my GB modded Cibola on the dry sand.
Just wondering if any of you like the 11x8 Widescan on dry beach sand.. Yes, I'd expect to dig bottlecaps with it..
Also, any luck with that 11x8 coil on a Cibola or Vaquero when you get closer to the wet?

Anyone use the 9x8 concentric on the beach? How's that one work?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 11"x8" works great in the dry sand. Forget the Vaquero in the wet sand. The Cibola does OK, not great. :occasion14:

Nomad NJ

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a vaq with the 11-8 coil at Hilton Head S.C. and was able to detect in the wet sand without any problems

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my Cibola with the larger loop in the dry sand and noticed it missed tiny things like silver, gold and brass, so went with the standard loop. Works reasonably well in the salt sand and water after slight detuning of the machine.

OP
OP
pinenut

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used my Cibola with the larger loop in the dry sand and noticed it missed tiny things like silver, gold and brass, so went with the standard loop. Works reasonably well in the salt sand and water after slight detuning of the machine.

By "standard", do you mean the 9x8 concentric or the 11x8 Widescan (both standard coils)?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread