4" 5 pin coil

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I picked up a five pin 4" coil for 30 bucks. I couldn't pass it up for that price. I will be using it on the Outlaw and maybe the Mojave some. There are some places I think it may be a good thing to have. I'm still learning the Outlaw I picked up last week and so far I really like it. I have found a few places where the Mojave will work better some of the tot lots that have gravel instead of wood chips. The Outlaw seems to chatter a little where the Mojave works fine.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great price.
I have one I've used on the Mojave.
Works great for working edges of concrete with lots of nasty rebar and wire exposed.
Also around fence posts and posts in playgrounds/swing sets.

Noah

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one but have yet to need to use it. The level of trash I've dealt with has never needed smaller than my 5.75.
It's a great coil to have.
It's not how much you use it, it's for that one time you need it and have it to use

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great coil for tight places, heavy vegetation and concentrated trash. Originally took me a little time to get over feeling silly swinging such a small coil, but the finds made up for that.
luvsdux

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coil for tight places, heavy vegetation and concentrated trash. Originally took me a little time to get over feeling silly swinging such a small coil, but the finds made up for that.
luvsdux
I can remember a time when I felt silly swinging any sized coil. I sure am glad that I was able to get past that.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello goodtimecharlie,

The Outlaw is a very good machine, I use this machine exclusively for play areas. :headbang: IMHO: When dealing with the different ground covering at playgrounds try ground balancing again over the different material and lower your sensitivity by one/two positions. I believe people think that you need to set the sensitivity at 10 or more for the machine to work well, not true. I set mine between 6 - 8 depending on the place and the goodies flow into my pouch. Lastly, in playground areas the coins and jewelry in most cases are no deeper than 4" - 5". The machine can easily hit them with these settings. I also ground balance a bit negative which for me increase depth and target clarity without increasing my sensitivity. Again, this is how I set my machine others may have a different approach, just place around with the settings in your test bed and playground area.

GL & HH

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread