Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking of getting a VAQUERO i never had to ground balance even though i have detected for 14 years .I read about ground balancing and they say simple move the detector up & down and thumb it untill it has the same tone going up & down.Now some one told me today that when you first get the VAQUERO you have to turn the balance knob counter clock wise 5 times is that true and why???????

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no need to do that. There used to be a video on Tesoro's web site demonstrating ground balance. If it is still there it is easier to follow than the written explanation in the manual. Ground balancing is not difficult at all.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The turning the knob 5 times makes sure the knob ground balance is at the far settings up against the stops. When you then turn it up to the top, it is in the middle of the adjustment. The manual tells you to do this to make sure the detector knob was set up at the factory correctly.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK I WILL GET THAT VAQUERO AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO WITH THE GROUND BALANCE.NEVER HAD A GROUND BALANCE DETECTOR I WANT TO TRY ONE OUT.THANKS A LOT ....LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR ME..............

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
WELL I WENT IN TO TESORO'S WEB SITE AND WATCHED THERE VIDEO ON GROUND BALANCE IT WAS VERY INFORMATIVE HELPED OUT..THANK YOU.......

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, please turn the caps lock off - its the netiquette equivalent of YELLING!!

Next, GB'ing the Vaquero couldnt be any easier. THere is nothing to fear and you soon get the hang of it. Then you can try Power Balancing...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all he info and yes the caps locks are off thank you.... :) ;) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread