silver u max....really???

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster, silver u max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello everyone.. well im from northern maine. and our weather has been bug ridden and wet;[;[; i currently own a whites coinmaster and HAD big plans for it this yr.... yeah ..NO.not yet cant even mow and your eaten alive and swallow half the swarm;[;[ anyways... i went yrd saleing today...and it being sunday everyone is either away or in church...but i found 1;];];] they were ready to close down when i showed up...around 3ish..i walked around and found a few things and asked about the prices.. and grabbed them up .. well the wind was getting strong and was blowing some stuff down.. so as i was trying to help put stuff back ... under a table was a little gold and brown detector.. with the name tesoro...i asked them if it was in the sale and they said it didnt work .. it was in the junk pile...i asked if i could have it and how much.. they said just take it ..it doesnt work,,so before they changed their minds i pd for the stuff and hightailed it for home;];];]now i only "heard" of tesoro at a few whites forums..never paid attention..so i washed it down and pulled the old battery scuffed up the connectors and loaded up a new battery..i turned it on and IT BEEPED;];];] then it got dark and strted to rain... WHATS NEW;[;[;[more glorious weather for the blk flies to do more matting / hatching...and mosquites and soon no see ums;[;[;[ anyways....i literally spend 5 hrs gong through 51 pages on the tesoro forum and read every post that had to do with the "silver u max" aka its now 220 am ..as im writing this im FLOORED JAW DROPPING SHOCKED about the comments on this detector !! the performace and price for it!!!mine isnt even scratched!!it does have a coil cover which i need to remove and clean inside of.. and put back together..and it did not come with headphones...im excited as hell about this "broken, junked " detector;];];];] its my first non visual detector..hell i havent even been able to even get my coinmaster out yet;[;[;[;[ sorry this is long.. but i had to tell you all...thank you for this awesome forum;];];] id read more but im seeing dble now ..tired... been up since 9 yesterday morng lololol catch you all later im bed bound thank you;];];]chat later !!! caratunk

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are in trouble now. Soon you'll be a member of the Tesoro cult.. err, I mean club! :occasion14:

Attachments

• IMG_20151228_142335.jpg
    IMG_20151228_142335.jpg
    975.1 KB · Views: 102

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver umax is a good machine. Love mine. Holler when you get ready to check it out, do a few air tests. Probably nothing wrong with it.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll have that machine paying for itself the first hunt. Congratulations on a sweet deal, free!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if the detector has issues, Tesoro will take any in for $50 to fix it.
But it beeping when it turned on shows it's powering on.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll be surprised at how capable that little silver is.
luvsdux

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well its cold and brezzy and dark out today.... sigh,,,,but i did bundle up and took the silver out in part of my yrd;];];] boy do i have alot to learn....anyways i set it at foil / 7.. and just dug... im 4 11.. and most shovel handles are taller then i am..so that needs to be re contructed..cant handle a trench / silver at the same time ..plus the headset cord gets tangled in the handle of the shovel...sigh... ANYWAYS..... i dug 3 holes..nothing interesting and i still need to get a digital cam for pictures to post...not vry techie;[;[;[ i got 2 nails actually pretty long ones... 2 pieces of i think,,,, sheet metal..a piece of ceramic pottery and like 1/4 of a cork top bottle neck..i think clear....it didnt look screw top,from what i could tell...oh and the pull tab of course;];];];]that was my first dig;];];] ..so...even tho it was "junk" it proves to me the silver... does work;];]];] that made my whole day right there;];];];] so im happy ;];];] now to get used to it and get a better config shovel so i can handle both easier;];];] i dont own a pinpointer but did the Xing and moving around in differnt direction to see where it was the strongest signal..THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for all the info you guys/ girls have on here;];];] im pretty soaking wet behind the ears on all of this...;];];]now question..i saw somewhere here in a post ...of a picture of the silver disc knob and how it was broken down by sections on the knob part..is there any way i can get a copy of that? so i can carry it with me when i detect on the silver? to learn more about it...i also manged to go on tesoros home site and print out the manual;];];] havent read it yet. sorry this was long..any tips would help thank you all;];];];] caratunk

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not that it's any of my business but . . . I hope you aren't taking a shovel into any parks to dig targets. It's a good way to get banned.
After a while, you will learn to hear what junk sounds like. But I still dig a lot of targets because you just never know what you might dig up.

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well i havent been anywhere yet except my bkyrd so i dont know,,,,, what do you suggest? ill give you a heads up tho.... i had a terrible ACL replacement on my right knee i cant kneel.. due to where they put the screws to hold my new ligaments.. so i can only stand and bend over...any suggestions??

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well i havent been anywhere yet except my bkyrd so i dont know,,,,, what do you suggest? ill give you a heads up tho.... i had a terrible ACL replacement on my right knee i cant kneel.. due to where they put the screws to hold my new ligaments.. so i can only stand and bend over...any suggestions??

Take a cute young girl along, and get her to dig for you. :tongue3:

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
id rather have a cute young man so i can chk him out;];];] perferably late 40s early 50s;];];];] yes im a lady;];];] caratunk is a county in northern maine;];];]

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to see more lady's on this forum and interested in the sport. Welcome!:hello2:

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You can get this remote controlled excavator for $25.99 on Amazon:

remote controlled excavator.JPG

Take it to the beaches and tot lots where they have sand. And take it to places where they play volley ball and look for gold rings etc.

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well its cold and brezzy and dark out today.... sigh,,,,but i did bundle up and took the silver out in part of my yrd;];];] boy do i have alot to learn....anyways i set it at foil / 7.. and just dug... im 4 11.. and most shovel handles are taller then i am..so that needs to be re contructed..cant handle a trench / silver at the same time ..plus the headset cord gets tangled in the handle of the shovel...sigh... ANYWAYS..... i dug 3 holes..nothing interesting and i still need to get a digital cam for pictures to post...not vry techie;[;[;[ i got 2 nails actually pretty long ones... 2 pieces of i think,,,, sheet metal..a piece of ceramic pottery and like 1/4 of a cork top bottle neck..i think clear....it didnt look screw top,from what i could tell...oh and the pull tab of course;];];];]that was my first dig;];];] ..so...even tho it was "junk" it proves to me the silver... does work;];]];] that made my whole day right there;];];];] so im happy ;];];] now to get used to it and get a better config shovel so i can handle both easier;];];] i dont own a pinpointer but did the Xing and moving around in differnt direction to see where it was the strongest signal..THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for all the info you guys/ girls have on here;];];] im pretty soaking wet behind the ears on all of this...;];];]now question..i saw somewhere here in a post ...of a picture of the silver disc knob and how it was broken down by sections on the knob part..is there any way i can get a copy of that? so i can carry it with me when i detect on the silver? to learn more about it...i also manged to go on tesoros home site and print out the manual;];];] havent read it yet. sorry this was long..any tips would help thank you all;];];];] caratunk

When I get a hit, as I run the coil over the located item in the ground, I slowly turn my discriminator up to see what it might possibly be. If you turn your discriminator all the way up and it still beeps, it could be a silver coin.
At least on my Tesoro that works.

If you have it to just accept nickels on up (Hint: take some aluminum and some pull tabs and a nickes and a couple different gold rings, place them about 2 feet apart and find where they can each be discriminated out and where they are accepted,) and make a note of each one. Then take coins of different denominations and place them about 2 feet apart on your sidewalk and see where they hit on your discriminator and where you lose them as you run your disk up and make notes of that. If all you want are silver coins and the coins aren't too deep in your area, just run the discriminator up to where the detector just accepts silver. You might lose some depth doing that. Bottle caps should give a choppy sound. At least on my Bandido they do.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer story, I think that machine is already a good machine at the MSRP. At that free price you got it for is great, maybe you would consider sending it in to have it checked over well just in case.

Just be careful, if you thought MDing was addicting then wait until you get that out and use it.

Happy hunting.

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well it may be damm fall at this rate ANOTHER WK OF RAIN!!!!! i may be wrong but i think since april we MAY have had MAYBE 1 WK of sun here ;[;[;[;[;[ its been cold / cloudy / rainy/ windy/ im waiting for the 4 letter word show up at this rate... ugggh!!! no wonder my poor coinmaster hasnt been used;[[;[ got it last fall, and now my little silver also is sitting;[;[;[;[;[ if i was SMART . id head south!! at least they have good weather more than we do.up here in maine we are BLESSED to have 4 months of decent activity weather here.the rest.. wet cold snowy rainy whatever.. sorry just fustrated as hell. im READY FOR SHORTS ..FLIPFLOPS. SUNBURNS.. not jackets and sneakers and sweatshirts and jeans. IN JUNE .!!! well maybe it is global warming.. but it isnt helping here .ok im done.. grrrrrr.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread