am i the only 1?

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster, silver u max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello again...you are just the coolest members...thank you all again for this site...i was wondering without going through all 51 pages again... is there any tesoro users in maine? ....also how do you guys type in the U for the umax on here? to me it looks like a small L with an upside down small R next to it..i wouldnt want to upset anyone..typing it wrong......also what level is the silver ? beginner advanced beginner .. im not looking to upgrd any time soon as the ratings on this is unreal ..and its a 300.00 detector for free;];];] NEVER look a gift horse in the mouth;];];] i know the whites coinmaster is a spinoff of the prism # 3 and newer looks..same feature. oh and also is this detector water proof and i have only fresh water near me the ocean is like 3 hrs south;];];] i know the coin mster isnt .well the box isnt.. i should say actually. i saw on the other tesoro forum on this site...that the silver has been discontinued...?? what if i need parts for it? or a differnt coil in the future for it.... i have the strd coil the donut shaped 1 drk brown. i just still am thrilled about this ;];];] sorry to bore you... just trying to learn more;];];] thank you for your patiences with me;];];] as the ad for husquvera states....... if you cant run with the big dogs... stay on the porch;];];] thanks again;];];]

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it's not discontinued. Some have speculated that it would be since the release of the Mojave.
But no matter if it is or not you can always send it into Tesoro for repair if needed. Just ship to them with $50. Usually covers normal repairs needed and shipping back.
They continue to repair all their detectors they've ever made. So no worries.

It takes any 5 pin (epsilon) coils. But being present GB the best performance will come with the stock coil because the machine is set to that coil. Many use other coils on it fine. But preset turn on and go machines work best with the coil it's set for.
Plus that donut coil is great anyway!!! If you wanted you can run a 5.75 smaller coil if needed in trashy areas.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...also how do you guys type in the U for the umax on here? to me it looks like a small L with an upside down small R next to it..i wouldnt want to upset anyone..typing it wrong......also what level is the silver ? beginner advanced beginner .. im not looking to upgrd any time soon as the ratings on this is unreal..

The Silver is an older detector that's still very capable. They can be considered a beginner/advanced beginner unit based on their initial price, but they'll work just as well for anyone, from beginner to expert level.

The character "μ" stands for "micro".
You can write out "microMAX" if you want, uMAX or μMAX.. We know that you mean a Tesoro with the small size housing..:icon_sunny:
I type μ by copy and paste, but there's a key combo that should do it, too.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
µ, hold down ALT key and type 230 and let go of ALT µ. Use the numbers key pad on right side of key board.

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you all i deeply appreciate it;];];];]

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never underestimate the Tesoro Silver. My friend's only detector is a Silver. He's had for many years. One day he showed me some of his finds. Jawdropping. Silver dollars and all kinds of other outstanding coins. He said he detected a dime at 9 inches once which is really good.

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i dont plan on leaving this silver for another any time soon.. im VERY VERY GRATEFUL i came onto it and rescued it !!!! we dont even have any tesoro dealers in maine at all..i chked...like everything else up here... you have to travel either down state or out of state to get anything....up here in northern maine is no mans land.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact Tesoro and you become a dealer.

Awesome

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i can?? how? do you have to have a permit or liences to do it?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i can?? how? do you have to have a permit or liences to do it?

Go to Tesoro's website. Click on Where to Buy.

Click on Maine. It comes up and says nobody in Maine. If you're interested, contact us!

Tesoro sets the lowest price you're allowed to sell each model at. That's about it I believe. Others here will let know more....

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll buy from you..

...Tesoro sets the lowest price you're allowed to sell each model at. That's about it I believe. Others here will let know more....

..And if you're wanting to give killer deals to your first customers...
I still want a new Sand Shark..:tongue3:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..And if you're wanting to give killer deals to your first customers...
I still want a new Sand Shark..:tongue3:

It'll be a while before I get something new. A 12x10 4 pin concentric or an all metal sensitivity I can adjust til it chatters lol

OP
OP
C

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow is that it? no tests? no permit? no liecense? maybe i should learn more about tesoro first since the silver i have is only 48 hrs old with me;];];] its my first;];];] do you have to pay to become a dealer? like a strt up kit or something? i need to chk out maine forum on here to see if anyone else in the state owns a tesoro too...and see what they think...the closest deal I KNOW OF..is a whites dealer an hr south of me...thats where i got my coinmaster...hmmm more research,,,;];];]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions