Brianfromsyr

Oct 8, 2012
Mattydale, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
I had about an hour detecting on and along my gravel driveway today. I went about 15 ft.
My new Tesoro Mojave found a penney right off in the gravel, a washer next to it. About 2 ft over I detected a landscape fabric stake and some weird linkage looking part. A foot from there a nail. 2 ft further over a Quarter. A foot further another quarter. Not too far a Nickel. All clad.
The best part about finding these is that I have detected this area with a Minelab Xterra 70 and with a Tesoro Bandido II umax a few times. I am no expert but I missed these before.
The Tesoro Mojave didn't :) 20170608_212532.jpg

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I noticed about using a Tesoro over areas hunting with other machines, is maybe because of the disc circuit on the Tesoro, but they seem to find hidden stuff that normally averages on other machines and pushes them lower than they are

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brian, that Mojave is going to find you plenty. Mine paid for itself within the first couple weeks!

OP
OP
B

Brianfromsyr

Oct 8, 2012
Mattydale, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope

Brian, that Mojave is going to find you plenty. Mine paid for itself within the first couple weeks!
With the 1 penney at camp (interference problems) and the 56 cents last night, I am on my way.
I would feel better if I finally find something old.
You would think a 1929 house would have a few hidden gems.
One guy that owned my house was a mechanic. He used to work on all sorts of things including tour ship engines from the 1000 Islands. He would have the big diesel engines delivered to my tiny house.
My neighbor said he liked to bury parts etc. in the lawn. My Xterra would just go nuts to find the two holes that I dug last night seemed like iron. I dug them anyway. One was a quarter with a rusty metal chunk about 3 inches deeper. There was 4 other targets I will dig in the same area tonight.
After that I will hit a few playgrounds.
My boss owns a mid 1700's house. He won't bite on me detecting there. He said there are too many nails and someone already detected on his property.
I already stated that it would be difficult for multiple detector hunts to find everything.

Last edited:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, your chances for some goodies are "up the roof" if you can detect a mid 1700's house :occasion18:. From what I've read here from more experienced folks, we have to go slow and listen for those "whispers" of the deep targets, but you may also find old coins only an inch under the soil and those will scream I guess. That's exactly what i'll be doing tomorrow at sunrise, just received mine yesterday but had to finish the week. It's gonna be a long friday, lol. Good luck and HH!

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Does that mean you didn't have to buy it with your own money? :-)
Reminds of of a woman who was late on her new Fridgerator payments. The salesman called and asked her why. She said "Well you told it it would pay for itself in a year."

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
I had about an hour detecting on and along my gravel driveway today. I went about 15 ft.
My new Tesoro Mojave found a penney right off in the gravel, a washer next to it. About 2 ft over I detected a landscape fabric stake and some weird linkage looking part. A foot from there a nail. 2 ft further over a Quarter. A foot further another quarter. Not too far a Nickel. All clad.
The best part about finding these is that I have detected this area with a Minelab Xterra 70 and with a Tesoro Bandido II umax a few times. I am no expert but I missed these before.
The Tesoro Mojave didn't :) View attachment 1460272

Exciting, isn't it? I'm sure you will finds lots of really good stuff with your detector.
One thing I've learned with my Tesoro and square cut iron nails is sometimes they will give a good hit even if disced out. They will hit one way but when I swing the coil over that target 90 degrees it goes away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread