Getting used to the Mojave

gentleone444

Apr 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys so I popped on a Mojave after selling off my ace250. I REALLY enjoy the all knob and sound interface. Ive already found a bunch of clad. I was unaware that it didnt have a built in pinpointer but honestly its so accurate it doesnt need it. My only problem is this: twice today I have dug for larger targets that rang strong but were deep...im talking 10+ inches!

So my question is if shallow and small=large and deep as far as sound goes, how do i differentiate the large stuff? As much as id love to bring a spade and dig a trench to get that big stuff i feel really uncomfortable digging more than 6 to 8 inches in a park or field.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One way to tell if you are over a large deep target as opposed to a small target is to slowly swing over the target while raising your coil. If the signal goes away when you lift the coil five or six inches or less above the ground it's most likely a small target. If you continue to get a signal above that it is most likely a large target. Hope that helps.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another way is listening to the 'length' of the audio tone. The longer the audio tone, the bigger the target.

tabman

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't own a Mojave, but on my DeLeon the larger targets ring out really loud. You should be looking for a nice low high tonw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread