Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vern I also found my oldest coin to date yesterday Took out my Lobo Super Traq to an old gold mining area near where I live. I found no gold but along a trail found a 1912S wheat in real great condition. Did not realize what I had until I got home and washed it off. Turns out the 1912s wheat is a real rare one. The San Francisco mint only minted 4,400,000 of them. Collector value starts at $22 and up. Been doing this about a year like you and still looking for my first silver coin.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary, congratulations. Nice. Worth $22 huh? That's 2200 holes you don't have to dig. Awesome.

I found these two in the same area I dug my 1929 Merc. My only silver. I just know there's some good stuff there. While I've never seen another MD around, I speck it's been hunted much over the years. Very old park.

Parks and Recreation manager told me I was fine hunting any of the city and county parks. As long as I filled my holes and no shovel. So I'm Digging It All With A Lesche knife. Tough on my arthritic hands, so I pretty much cherry pick targets. The Deleon is really accurate with ID.
WHEW!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, glad to see you are still getting after those targets. Hope to swing my Deleon soon.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, glad to see you are still getting after those targets. Hope to swing my Deleon soon.

Thanks Bill. I will just be glad when the weather cools.
I wish you the best with your DeLeon. It don't get much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread