Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All

Went out to the local beach early this morning for 2hrs with my son and I and he liked using the Compadre finding himself over $5.00 in CAN dollars 3 Loonies and 1 Toonies back to back, then 2 quarters and two dimes and a penny. I got two dimes and a bunch of hot rocks. :headbang: His Compadre did well even finding deep little pieces and hot rocks too but once he heard those larger dollar and two dollar piecies he was on his way, oh and a stealth toy airplane. 8-)

Vaquero was great picking up small items deep in the semi wet sand as there was a storm that past through last night. Considering taking off the 5.75 to try my hardly used 11x8 as I love this lil coil on the Vaq where ever I go!

Nice to spend some time together sifting through the sand together. May go out again tomorrow. Now it's a contest will try to report my pic finds tomorrow..

HH.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love going out detecting with 2 of my 3 kids... All 3 have Compadres. My "middle child" makes me crazy though. Doesn't want to hear anything 'cause she knows it all.. Think I lost half my hair since she was born. :tongue3:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have to love diggin' with the kids! :headbang:

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Near the end his Compadre was hitting harder then the Vaquero if you can believe that on his 8" donut and he swings that thing over 3 inches above the sand even, don't know how many times I told him to keep it low and swing and cover his area but...regardless he beat me...today...:laughing7:

Nomad NJ

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 11x8 at the beach. The 5.75 was not as stable.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't go out today but will try the 11x8 next week hopefully at the same beach.

Posted pics, and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread