V3I, DEUS, E TRAC, XTERRA 705, AT PRO, CZ3D, TEJON, VAQUERO, F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would love some pics to see the bounty!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
took the vaquero out tonight and found 11 nickels, 12 dimes and 2 wheat pennys. that's the most nickels I ever found in a hunt. I did not find a single modern cent. one nick was a 1916 buff in pretty good shape. I thought I had a really good day on nickels when I found 7 one hunt with the cz3d.

Got to love those old nickels! Sounds like you found a good fishin' spot!

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Darn!! Darn indeed....congratulations.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never found a buffalo.... Yet.
I'm holding on and trying to be positive

Me neither... Something just wrong with that. Did find a war nickel and a V though. Happy 'bout them, but still waiting on that buff.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me neither... Something just wrong with that. Did find a war nickel and a V though. Happy 'bout them, but still waiting on that buff.

Me neither either. Want one so bad.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found nickels to be pretty elusive. Found just one buffalo with unreadable date and a couple of Jeffs over the years.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're digging that many nickels then GOLD is there somewhere! Congratulations! :occasion14:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dunno.. I find common (recent) Jeffs all the time. Nickels are there wherever other coins are, just need disc set low enough so as to not miss 'em.
When I go into the woods though, I think to myself "gonna' find that buff nickel today".. Never happens, but some day..

That's the fun thing about detecting.. "like a box of chocolates.." Last time out in the forest I must have dug about 30 bullet shells and quite a few tabs..and only two coins.

OP
OP
J

john67

Mar 31, 2017
CONNEAUT LAKE PA
Detector(s) used
V3I, DEUS, E TRAC, XTERRA 705, AT PRO, CZ3D, TEJON, VAQUERO, F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nickels are tough but I set the v up so it just kind of crackles on the 5" nickel in my test bed and then I use the same setting when I hunt. this way I think I actually find more nickels than pull tabs because the pull tabs give a stronger signal once you go past where the nickel signal is gone but not as far as coins. Ive had such good luck with the vaq I'm getting a tejon at the end of next week. it should be a killer on nickels with the dual discrim and my son can use the vaq. the vaq has found stuff in my yard that the v3i, f75,cz3d and at pro has missed. I think the vaq is better at unmasking stuff with its discrim than the others. the other day I dug a 1910 wheat in my front yard that was under or right next to a huge square nail. my other detectors would only show the nail.

Auba14

Jun 17, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul on all of the nickles (and the rest). I like your idea on setting up your machine. Will have to try that with the compadre. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread