How do rings "ring up" on your Tesoro?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From 30 - 70. Big gold to you! :occasion14:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
So far, I have only been digging what look to me like solid coin targets --95s -- with my DeLeon. Where do rings show up on your TID machine?

Depends on whether gold or silver. Depends on size. Depends on angle/tilt they lie at in the ground. Depends on depth. Depends on proximity to other targets.

If anyone ever tells you they've "figured out how rings sound" (as opposed to other objects), then here's how you quickly silence that: Invite them out to the nearest blighted inner-city park and turn them loose. See how many "rings" they find, while passing even "some" junk. Their claims will go silent, and you will hear the sound of crickets chirping.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it beeps I dig it.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They can show up pretty much all over the tid. I retrieved what I thought would be a zinc penny that turned out to be a small, black hills gold ring. Another time I retrieved a fairly large silver ring with the expected tid of "95" and a few junk rings with various responses.
Luvsdux

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With my DeLeon, five silver rings and one silver bracelet. All were 95, and rock solid. Except the bracelet. 85-95 bouncing.

Two gold rings. Both found hoping I was digging nickels. 32-34.

The Deleon will find treasure.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill, I too am suffering from "lack of good stuff deprivation", commonly called LOGSD.

My first 5 months were pretty productive. But the last 60 days or so, it's bee all about pennys. I've got to get out there and find some new places to hunt. My good stuff % is slowly going down. Lack of quarters is disturbing. Not much in the way of jewelry at all.

Location. Location. Location.

noble

Sep 21, 2010
gloucester
Detector(s) used
tesoro and lazers
i find that if a ring is just sat flat my cibola and silver umax give a double beep

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Day ! :icon_sunny:

How do rings "ring up" on your Tesoro?

First, it's important to understand that with visual TID digital screen machines and also audio only analog machines, the target determined by the circuit board and corresponding icon displayed on the screen, or by the dial indicator position, can be up-scale from the actual target that is in the ground.

The reason is due to a phenomenon called "up-averaging", caused by one or a combination of the following conditions, (a) target depth, (b) one or more objects with ferrous content near the primary target or (c) ground mineralization level being sufficiently high.

So, you cannot always rely on the screen TID or dial indicator position on the faceplate. The more reliable target indicator would be the audio tone and tone characteristics. Gold and silver rings that are unbroken will "ring up" solid, with no crackling, scratchiness or fuzziness like irregular-shaped pieces of can slaw.

ToddB64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread