XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No advice here on treasurenet but i just bought it anyway. I bought it for 100 euro, not a bad price considered that all Tesoro detectors here in Belgium are 50% more expensive than in the USA. The detector looks as new. The seller had this detector as a back-up for his Tesoro Tejon but as a Tesoro detector almost never breaks down, he didn't used it much.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Peter, the version of Bandido you bought doesn't have an adjustable threshold, but it's otherwise a very good model. Since many folks like using the Bandido models in all-metal mode, adjustable threshold was a missed feature, which returned on the subsequent Bandido II μMAX.

Your Bandido should be great for hunting coins and jewelry in trashy areas. If the area is very trashy, use the 5.75" concentric coil.

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information pinenut.
I took the Bandido yesterday for the first time out. It seems to hit harder on nickel based coins and copper coins then the Lobo. I went to a spot that i cleaned out with my Lobo Super Traq. It was not an old place and most coins are not older than 50 years. I found there a lot of modern euro coins before with the Lobo and i pretty cleaned it out because i didn't found much euro coins anymore but i did found a bunch of nickel and copper based coins that we had here in Belgum before the euro currency. The signal on these are better on the Bandido then on the Lobo. The Lobo has better sound on the euro coins and has more depth. I also have a 8" donut coil from an older original Bandido that i'm gonna try out one of these days on the Umax. I think it's lighter then the thick white coil that is on it now.

Last edited:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a Bandido II .....it has a hidden threshold adjustment on it. It is just not a knob . It is a little dittle stick like tuning pod thing on the front of the housing

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I have an earlier version , too. $100 Euros[ $120 USD ] is a good price for it. I cannot compare it to the Lobo, though. Keep practicing with it & it will impress you. I don't care if it has a threshold , or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread