Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By Peter67

Thread: 18K Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Tesoro : Lobo Super Traq - Tejon - Tigershark - Bandido Umax - Bandido 2 - Minelab Excallibur - Fisher Goldbug Pro Teknetics Omega 8000
    101 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

18K Gold

The Lobo Super Traq strikes gold. Yesterday i found at an recreation area this 7gr 18K gold mens ring. This was almost the worst hunt i ever had at this place because i didn't found anything there, not even 1 coin at this well known recreation area with beach sand. The place was cleaned out before me by other detectorists. At the end of my hunt i had i scratchy signal at about 7 inches deep and this ring came up. Seems that they missed this one. That's why i'm faithfull to my Lobo Super Traq

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF9541.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	1493828

Charter Member
    us
    Vern

Jan 2017
    Leesburg Ga
    Tesoro DeLeon; Red Racer Garrett carrot, Makro PP Lesche shovel and knife Killer B's head phones
    437 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congratulations! ! Great find and good story.

us
    Jul 2015
    Oregon
    Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
    18 times
    Nice find Peter. I have a Lobo and was curious what settings you use. Were you in disc or all metal mode when you found the ring? Do you remember what sensitivity and threshold settings you were using? What coil were you using? I really like my Lobo. Thanks for posting. Gary

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Tesoro : Lobo Super Traq - Tejon - Tigershark - Bandido Umax - Bandido 2 - Minelab Excallibur - Fisher Goldbug Pro Teknetics Omega 8000
    101 times
    coil
    Quote Originally Posted by xGary41 View Post
    Nice find Peter. I have a Lobo and was curious what settings you use. Were you in disc or all metal mode whexn you found the ring? Do you remember what sensitivity and threshold settings you were using? What coil were you using? I really like my Lobo. Thanks for posting. Gary
    I was in disc mode when i found this ring. My sensitivity was all the way up and disc was at 2. Treshold was just hearable and i used the 9x8 coil. I got 5 different coils for the Lobo but i like the 9x8 coil the most. I think this is the most allround coil for the Lobo, easy for pinpointing (and making small grass plugs) and good depth to.
    When i'm in the sand my disc is most of the time at 2. On the gras my disc goes up just under 3 because of the trash but you still can pick up gold jewelry.

us
    Jul 2015
    Oregon
    Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
    18 times
    Thanks for the info Peter. I bought my Lobo used a few months ago and still learning with it. It came with the stock 5x10 elliptical and a 8" concentric. I also have the Outlaw and Mojave. I do live in gold country here in southern Oregon so my Lobo might hit it someday. Unfortunately we did not have any Romans roaming around here like your neck of the woods so my chances of finding a Roman coin is zero. Happy hunting. Gary

Charter Member
    us
    DIGGINGTEXASTREASURE.COM

Oct 2015
    TEXAS
    XP Deus/ E-trac
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Nice Ring! Congrats!

us
    Tired Rooster

Nov 2011
    Alabama
    Minelab Etrac, Minelab Sov. GT, Minelab Xterra 705, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Silver Umax
    146 times
    Very nice ring......would tend to make one do the Happy Dance!
    ​Deo Vindice

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary41 View Post
    Thanks for the info Peter. I bought my Lobo used a few months ago and still learning with it. It came with the stock 5x10 elliptical and a 8" concentric. I also have the Outlaw and Mojave. I do live in gold country here in southern Oregon so my Lobo might hit it someday. Unfortunately we did not have any Romans roaming around here like your neck of the woods so my chances of finding a Roman coin is zero. Happy hunting. Gary

Hi Gary
    The Lobo has a short lurning curve and in my opinion one of the easiest detectors to learn with great results. I have other modern detectors who have the same frequency as the Lobo wiith much more bells and wistles on it (Fisher GoldBug Pro) but they are gathering dust now because i almost don't use them anymore. Six months ago i was experimenting at a detecting place with 2 detectors of mine, the Lobo and the Fisher Goldbug Pro. There was a lot of junk in the ground at that place, and i mean a lot! I found there another heavy gold ring with 3 big diamonds in it at about 6 inches deep. The signal on the Lobo was very loud and clear and on the Fisher Goldbug Pro nothing, not even a scratch. From that moment i knew that i was doing alright with the Lobo and that the Lobo was a keeper.
    I hope you strike big gold in Oregon Gary. Good luck.
    Last edited by Peter67; Sep 14, 2017 at 04:25 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II, Quattro & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    6462 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Congratualtions on the nice find!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links