XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lobo Super Traq strikes gold. Yesterday i found at an recreation area this 7gr 18K gold mens ring. This was almost the worst hunt i ever had at this place because i didn't found anything there, not even 1 coin at this well known recreation area with beach sand. The place was cleaned out before me by other detectorists. At the end of my hunt i had i scratchy signal at about 7 inches deep and this ring came up. Seems that they missed this one. That's why i'm faithfull to my Lobo Super Traq :laughing7:

DSCF9541.JPG

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! ! Great find and good story.

Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Peter. I have a Lobo and was curious what settings you use. Were you in disc or all metal mode when you found the ring? Do you remember what sensitivity and threshold settings you were using? What coil were you using? I really like my Lobo. Thanks for posting. Gary

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coil
Nice find Peter. I have a Lobo and was curious what settings you use. Were you in disc or all metal mode whexn you found the ring? Do you remember what sensitivity and threshold settings you were using? What coil were you using? I really like my Lobo. Thanks for posting. Gary

I was in disc mode when i found this ring. My sensitivity was all the way up and disc was at 2. Treshold was just hearable and i used the 9x8 coil. I got 5 different coils for the Lobo but i like the 9x8 coil the most. I think this is the most allround coil for the Lobo, easy for pinpointing (and making small grass plugs) and good depth to.
When i'm in the sand my disc is most of the time at 2. On the gras my disc goes up just under 3 because of the trash but you still can pick up gold jewelry.

Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Peter. I bought my Lobo used a few months ago and still learning with it. It came with the stock 5x10 elliptical and a 8" concentric. I also have the Outlaw and Mojave. I do live in gold country here in southern Oregon so my Lobo might hit it someday. Unfortunately we did not have any Romans roaming around here like your neck of the woods so my chances of finding a Roman coin is zero. Happy hunting. Gary

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring......would tend to make one do the Happy Dance!:blob7:

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Peter. I bought my Lobo used a few months ago and still learning with it. It came with the stock 5x10 elliptical and a 8" concentric. I also have the Outlaw and Mojave. I do live in gold country here in southern Oregon so my Lobo might hit it someday. Unfortunately we did not have any Romans roaming around here like your neck of the woods so my chances of finding a Roman coin is zero. Happy hunting. Gary

Hi Gary
The Lobo has a short lurning curve and in my opinion one of the easiest detectors to learn with great results. I have other modern detectors who have the same frequency as the Lobo wiith much more bells and wistles on it (Fisher GoldBug Pro) but they are gathering dust now because i almost don't use them anymore. Six months ago i was experimenting at a detecting place with 2 detectors of mine, the Lobo and the Fisher Goldbug Pro. There was a lot of junk in the ground at that place, and i mean a lot! I found there another heavy gold ring with 3 big diamonds in it at about 6 inches deep. The signal on the Lobo was very loud and clear and on the Fisher Goldbug Pro nothing, not even a scratch. From that moment i knew that i was doing alright with the Lobo and that the Lobo was a keeper.
I hope you strike big gold in Oregon Gary. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice find! :occasion14:

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's an awesome ring! Nice story too. Just shows what you can find when you don't give up!

Lewy

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero , compadre, outlaw, cibola, silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes that's what we're talking about ��

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread