Tesoro line of detector's question

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to buy a second (Amazon gave me a recommendation for the Compadre and I immediately had a lot of intrigue), and I love the idea of simplicity.

Pro's, Con's, Favorite models, etc.

Thanks

You can't go wrong with any Tesoro detector. The compadre is the best detector on the market in his price range. It's on his best in junk infested areas with it's famous dicrimination.The kind of detector you keep the whole year in you're car for any oportunity that comes on You're way. For that kind of money you don't have to worry it will be stolen.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will LOVE the Compadre! I suggest the 8" coil. :occasion14:

OP
OP
P.ALLEN

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peter, Terry,

Thanks!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A few have been more than just fond of the Compadre over the years, rabid even...we have a church.
One of the longer threads on this one...177,000 views...982 replies.
Church of the Compadre... - Friendly Metal Detecting Forums

In bad soil I found a lot with mine, in great soil even more.

I moved back to rough mineralized soil so I traded away my Vaquero to get a Mojave just because I was curious, in my soil it works even better than the Compadre and seems to handle my bad dirt a bit better than my Vaq, also...I have no idea why.
Serendipity.
One more knob to deal with than the Compadre and a switch on the Mojave but I learned to deal with them.

Pound for pound and price not much more capable and value rated than the Compadre out there...most Tesoros also.

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compadre is a phenomenal detector as long as you have mild soil.
I see you have an ace 250, so this will hopefully ring home...
My first day using my first 8" compadre was also consequently my last day with my ace 350.
Once I used the compadre I held onto the ace but it never got any use and was sold for a great deal to a friend interested in the hobby.

Now everyone's different so I'm not saying you'll never use your ace, but that's how it worked for me.
If you look at my signature you'll see my affinity for Tesoro now.
I love my VDI Turkish machines as well, but Tesoro stole my heart in this hobby. :-)
The other upside of the compadre is that it's not much of an investment and it's a perfect detector to let friends interested in the hobby use for it's performance and it's total simplicity.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As much as I like my Compadre, I like my Mojave even more. It can do everything that the Compadre can do and more. The Compadre isn't even a close second.

tabman

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As much as I like my Compadre, I like my Mojave even more. It can do everything that the Compadre can do and more. The Compadre isn't even a close second.

tabman

What's nice is even the Mojave is a bargain. They would crush anything in their price range in an iron pit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions