Thinking of getting a deus ,,Pros ,,cons please !

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great topic! Wrong forum. I'm a bigtime Tesoro user, but just recently started using a Deus. It works really well, but not well enough for me to get rid of my Tesoro detectors. My gold ring and jewelry finds dropped like a rock when I started using my F75 and Deus. For the money it's hard to beat a Vaquero, plus it's fun and super easy to use.

tabman

walnut

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've come to like the vaquero more and more the longer I have owned it. I just have a lot of confidence in it.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used a Deus for well over three years, and am quite satisfied. It's light, wireless and configurable.

Downside: The Minelabs guys will not talk to me on the ride home anymore.

GL brother!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see the deus can tell you TONE wise whether its a nickel, penny, quarter, NAIL, or another high conductive non ferrous object say such as silver or a big larger cent etc. Tabman have you tried the hf coils ?? VERY good on gold.. The deus can change frequencies at the push of a button, recovery speed, coils , and so on. I wish he would have posted this over on the deus forum where people are using the deus and have come over from other machines.. If you like the tesero lay out just set your deus in 2 tone to match it BUT deus has big advasntage here you can actually have a tone just for iron if you like and I don't know of a tesero that can give a separate tone on iron. They need to release a 2 tone machine.....
i’m still here reading reply’s ! so far i’m staying with tesoro’s i haven’t heard anything different about the deus that the tesoro’s will not match !

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The REAL PROBLEM WITH THE DEUS is once you get one, you will never want anything else. I also love my Tesoro, but the Deus is the go to machine.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Very nice machine, I own a Minelab GPX5000 and a XP-Deus.

I really like what calabash digger posted!! The machine can be configured so many ways and saved, so you press a button and go to a completely different program or display (graph or regular TID screen)
Plus the machine rocks in the field, I can find bird shot in medium mineralized gold ground. But if too much shot, I can tune it out in many ways. i.e tones, sensitivity, different program, ground notch..etc
Bottom line it fits my needs and is a very configurable, light weight machine, capable of giving lots of target info to the user.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread