longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Rooster.......... I hunt almost 100% fields ........... Now the old homesites from long ago are in the fields now ... Our soil is fairly mild I suppose .... unless potash has been added and then it gets kind of jittery on ground balance.... On a minelab xterra 505 , we usually ground balance in the 6 to 10 range ,,, that is out of a possible 20..... on good flat ground that has not been rowed up yet and is void of crop stubble , I can run the Vaquero past 10 on sensitivity and it is pretty quiet .... otherwise , I have to cut Sen back to about 9.5..........

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the corn field this morning early .... Vaquero in full discrimination , negative gb , sensitivity set at 10.... Found these dimes no more than 15 ft apart ... Was an old homesite , now corn field ... Rain ran me to the truck .... 1839 seated ,,,,1898 barber

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0224.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0224.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 101

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds there Longcut. Really old silver! Good job!!
They being in a cornfield, which has been turned over and planted for so many years, about how deep were they?

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Rooster....... the 1839 was in the 6 to 8 inch range... the other was 5 to 6 inches ........ the farmer has rowed up for next crop , but in this particular field he pulled a roller over the rows and has it packed down really good ....... a good flat surface about 18 or 20 inches wide ..........

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this Yale lock in the same area as the two dimes yesterday morning ... My hunting buddy found a silver war nickel in the same area .... thumbnail_IMG_0225.jpg

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't find many 69 caliber minies , but I found one this morning .... thumbnail_IMG_0266.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find - Congrats! :occasion14:

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
short hunt this morning ..... about 30 minutes ..... thumbnail_IMG_0267.jpg

Confederate Enfield bullet..

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have a picture to post today , but I do have a little inspirational post to add ......... My hunting partner bought a Deleon about the same time I bought my Vaquero ...... today , hunting side by side , he hit 7 minies and poor ole me only got one ...........:icon_scratch:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a picture to post today , but I do have a little inspirational post to add ......... My hunting partner bought a Deleon about the same time I bought my Vaquero ...... today , hunting side by side , he hit 7 minies and poor ole me only got one ...........:icon_scratch:

Quit walking behind him!

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L M A O !!!!!

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty good morning today .... some Enfield drops , and some fired three and two ringers .... We managed to get a good line on where the Confederate trenches were at this battle .... We found over 30 bullets today, plus the J hook off a rifle sling ...... It was fun !!!! thumbnail_IMG_0269.jpg

OP
OP
longcut

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just finished cleaning/measuring/weighing the bullets above ..... out of the 12 rounds I found, there are 6 different kinds of bullets.... The Confederates were shooting whatever they could get their hands on ......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread